Tuesday, 17 February 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Constitutional Amendments. (24 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the constitutional referenda that will be held during 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [46569/08]
- Official Engagements. (20 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach the number of meetings planned by the National Forum on Europe during 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [46573/08]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Public Transport. (53 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Minister for Transport the way he will increase public transport capacity here; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [6020/09]
- Road Network. (7 speeches)
Question 55: To ask the Minister for Transport his views on new guidelines for road works inspection; if he is satisfied that inspection of roads for safety purposes is adequate; his...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Air Services. (22 speeches)
Question 56: To ask the Minister for Transport if he will review the operation of the range of extra charges and levies that are currently imposed on airline passengers in view of the need to...
- Cycle Facilities. (13 speeches)
Question 57: To ask the Minister for Transport the position regarding a national cycle route as promised in the programme for Government; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [5958/09]
- Public Transport. (15 speeches)
Question 58: To ask the Minister for Transport the amount of subvention sought by Dublin Bus and Bus Éireann and the amount given by him to Dublin Bus and Bus Éireann for 2009; and if he will...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Members in each case:(1) Deputy Noel J. Coonan — to ask...
- Leaders' Questions (62 speeches)
During my time in the House, I have rarely seen such an extent of anger on the streets in respect of the mismanagement and lack of leadership by the Government. The country is edging towards an...
- Requests to Move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (10 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32.
- Order of Business (103 speeches)
The Order of Business today shall be as follows: No. 7, motion re: referral to joint committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Planning and Development (Regional Planning...
- Planning and Development Regulations 2009: Referral to Joint Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft: The Planning and Development (Regional Planning Guidelines) Regulations 2009, copies of which were laid...
- Defence Forces Contingent in Chad: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves: (i) the placing of the contingent of the Permanent Defence Force serving in Chad with the UN-authorised EU-led force, known as EUFOR...
- Nursing Homes Support Scheme Bill 2008: Second Stage (Resumed). (11 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Irish Economy: Motion (138 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: believes that: the measures required to deal with the current economic crisis must be based on the principles of fairness and equity; those who contributed most to...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Accommodation. (3 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me raise this important matter, namely, the need for the Minister for Health and Children, to ensure that after a wait of 12 years, a full complement of...
- Agricultural Colleges. (2 speeches)
I wish to preface my remarks by saying that I was elected as a Fianna Fáil Deputy and I am supporting the Government. I do not wish to sound hypocritical tonight and say that I have supported...
- Special Educational Needs. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for the opportunity to raise this matter. I was shocked by the content of the announcement early last week and the way in which it was made. It was wheeled...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this matter for the Adjournment debate. On 7 March 2008, together with other public representatives, I visited St. Joseph's national school,...