Thursday, 9 October 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (8 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32. Now we come to deal with requests to move the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (189 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. a12a, motion re sittings and business of Dáil — on the Supplementary Order Paper — No. 12a, Supplementary Estimate for Public Services [Vote 40] back from...
- Sittings and Business of Dáil: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, unless the Dáil shall otherwise order, the following arrangements shall apply in relation to the sittings of the Dáil on 14, 15 and 16...
- Estimates for Public Services 2008 (1 speech)
I move the following Supplementary Estimate:
- Vote 40 — Health Service Executive (Supplementary) (0 speeches)
That a supplementary sum not exceeding €77,000,000 be granted to defray the charge which will come in course of payment during the year ending on 31 December 2008, for the salaries and expenses...
- Broadcasting Bill 2008 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed). (54 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- International Agreements. (39 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the details of the recently signed agreement with respect to visas between Ireland and the USA; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Departmental Staff. (27 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the number of public servants in his Department as of 1 January 2000; the number as of 1 October 2008; the reason for the increase or...
- Overseas Development Aid. (10 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his plans to make further cuts in the overseas aid budget; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [34225/08]
- Overseas Missions. (6 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if Defence Force participation in peacekeeping in Chad will continue in the event that EU forces are replaced by a UN mission in March 2009;...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Northern Ireland Issues.
- Northern Ireland Issues. (14 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the position in Northern Ireland; when the Northern Executive will be in a position to fully resume its work; and if he will make a statement...
- European Council Meetings. (29 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the discussions that have taken place recently between members of the Government and the Presidency of the European Union; and if he will make...
- Overseas Development Aid. (21 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his plans to implement the recommendations of the task force report on hunger; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [34077/08]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Joe Costello — the...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Health Services. (4 speeches)
While I was hoping to have the opportunity to listen first to the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government, Deputy Gormley, this is an important issue that must be dealt with....
- Job Losses. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for allowing me the opportunity to raise this highly important matter. It was a sad day at Shannon Airport last Monday when the announcement filtered through to...
- Naval Service Vessels. (2 speeches)
The sinking of the Asgard II on 11 September was greeted with much sadness and shock. The Asgard II had served the country well since its commissioning in 1981, having been designed specifically...
- Appointments to State Boards. (14 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for permitting to raise this issue on the Adjournment. I ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government to explain the circumstances in which he...