Tuesday, 21 October 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
Freedom of Information.
- Freedom of Information. (25 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the number of freedom of information requests received by his Department during May 2008; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [24265/08]
- Social Partnership Agreements. (48 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the negotiations on the social partnership agreement; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [29456/08]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Benefits.
- Social Welfare Benefits. (14 speeches)
Question 106: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the reason for the delay in processing applications in respect of jobseeker's allowance and jobseeker's benefit; the reason...
- Employment Support Services. (40 speeches)
Question 107: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the improvements she will make to the back to education allowance and the back to work enterprise allowance in order that...
- Data Protection. (8 speeches)
Question 108: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the way she will ensure that the information on 374,000 persons, whose personal data were contained on laptop computers...
- Employment Support Services. (15 speeches)
Question 109: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the number of social welfare recipients referred to FÁS training or employment services during the past five years; the number...
- Social Welfare Code. (10 speeches)
Question 110: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs her view on the recent statement by the Combat Poverty Agency that budget 2009 fails to protect the most vulnerable in society...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
National Carers Strategy.
- National Carers Strategy. (36 speeches)
Question 111: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs when she will publish a national carers strategy. [34877/08]
- Tax Code. (8 speeches)
Question 112: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the steps she has taken to abolish the ceiling on PRSI. [34848/08]
- Social Welfare Benefits. (18 speeches)
Question 113: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the extent to which living alone is factored into the setting of social welfare rates; the analysis undertaken by or on behalf...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Jack Wall — the loss of...
- Leaders' Questions (119 speeches)
If the Taoiseach had been in St. Andrew's church, Westland Row, today with Members of the Government he would have appreciated to a far greater extent the hurt and anger felt by the elderly...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (6 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32. Now we come to deal with requests to move the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (73 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 9, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the terms of the instruments as contemplated by Article 3(2) of the Agreements on Extradition and Mutual Legal...
- Visit of German Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with business, I wish on my own bahalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a céad míle fáilte, a hundred thousand welcomes, to a parliamentary delegation...
- International Agreements: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the terms of: (i) the instrument as contemplated by Article 3(2) of the Agreement on Extradition between the European Union and the United States of America,...
- Financial Resolutions 2009 (0 speeches)
- Financial Resolution No. 15: (General) Resumed (88 speeches)
Debate resumed on the following motion:
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Medical Cards: Motion (192 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann demands the immediate reversal of the Government decision to withdraw the automatic entitlement to a medical card from citizens aged over 70 years. I wish to share...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Job Losses. (10 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing this matter and the Minister of State at the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment for taking it. The shocking news that a major employer in...
- Drugs Payment Scheme. (2 speeches)
The issue I raise is not of the same magnitude as the matters we have been discussing in recent days. Nevertheless, it is very important to those affected by it, for whom it is causing great...
- Schools Building Projects. (8 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise this important issue once again. Commitments were given to provide a new national school at Kilfinane in County Limerick in the lead-up to both the 2002 and...
- School Staffing. (2 speeches)
I am grateful to the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to raise this important matter. St. Mark's junior and senior national schools have more than 1,000 pupils in their care in an...