Wednesday, 22 October 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (120 speeches)
In so far as the education sector is concerned, the programme for Government from 2002 states: We will continue to reduce the pupil: teacher ratio in our schools. Over the next five years we...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Active Citizenship. (25 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the progress made on implementing the recommendations of the task force on active citizenship; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [15233/08]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (3 speeches)
Anois, iarratas chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32.
- Order of Business (147 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 9a, motion re ministerial rota for parliamentary questions; No. 16, statements on Morris tribunal reports; and No. 15, Financial Motions by the Minister for Finance...
- Parliamentary Questions: Motion (1 speech)
I move: "That, notwithstanding anything in the Resolution of the Dáil of 14th June, 2007, setting out the rota in which Questions to members of the Government are to be asked, Questions for oral...
- Morris Tribunal: Statements (114 speeches)
I thank Mr. Justice Morris and his team for producing eight comprehensive and conclusive reports and for the huge service they have done for An Garda Síochána and the Irish public they serve....
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Army Barracks. (9 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Defence his reasons for closing the Defence Forces barracks in Longford, Monaghan, Rockhill and Lifford; and if he will make a statement on the matter. ...
- Defence Forces Recruitment. (6 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Defence the progress made during 2008 in regard to bringing the Defence Forces medical corps up to full strength; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Overseas Missions. (14 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Defence if he is satisfied with the air transport support that is available to the Irish mission on the ground in Chad; if the mission has been assigned...
- Sail Training Vessel. (8 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Defence the report he has received on the sinking of the[i] Asgard II [/i]off the French coast; his future plans in regard to the provision of a sail...
- Toxic Waste. (6 speeches)
Question 11: To ask the Minister for Defence when he will publish the consultants' report which his Department commissioned on toxic waste concerns at Haulbowline, County Cork; and if he will...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Child Care Facilities.
- Child Care Facilities. (6 speeches)
Question 12: To ask the Minister for Defence the progress made on providing a workplace child care facility in the Curragh Camp; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [35987/08]
- Departmental Staff. (13 speeches)
Question 13: To ask the Minister for Defence the way he will achieve the reduction of 3% in payroll costs for his Department as announced in July 2008; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Overseas Missions. (14 speeches)
Question 14: To ask the Minister for Defence the extent to which further overseas deployments under the EU or UN flag are contemplated for members of the Army, Naval Service and Air Corps;...
- Defence Forces Remuneration. (15 speeches)
Question 15: To ask the Minister for Defence his views on the concerns expressed by the Comptroller and Auditor General regarding the continued payment of Border duty allowance to members of...
- Defence Forces Reserve. (7 speeches)
Question 16: To ask the Minister for Defence if he is satisfied that the numbers in the Army Reserve Defence Force will reach 12,000 as stated in the White Paper on Defence; and if he will...
- Army Barracks. (8 speeches)
Question 17: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will honour the commitment he made to the 12 families who have been living in Cathal Brugha barracks married quarters for more than 30 years...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Martin Ferris — the...
- Morris Tribunal: Statements (Resumed) (194 speeches)
As I am directly party to the matters under discussion, I do not deem it appropriate for me to be in the Chair.
- Financial Resolutions 2009 (0 speeches)
- Financial Resolution No. 15: (General) Resumed (54 speeches)
The following motion was moved by the Taoiseach on 14 October 2008:
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Medical Cards: Motion (Resumed) (283 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy James Reilly on Tuesday, 21 October 2008:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- School Staffing (9 speeches)
Who is taking the Adjournment matter?
- Nursing Homes Repayment Scheme. (7 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for affording me the opportunity to raise this important issue on the Adjournment. Many people await a response in respect of the health repayment scheme. The issue...
- Social Welfare Payments. (2 speeches)
After the day we have all had, one could be forgiven, in considering the unprecedented scenes we witnessed outside the House, for believing that measures related to medical cards for those aged...
- Grant Payments. (2 speeches)
As Deputies will be aware, among the cuts made in last week's budget was a decision to close off the early retirement scheme and the installation grant scheme for farmers. Overall, the...