Thursday, 25 September 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m
- Request to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (3 speeches)
Anois, iarratas chun tairiscint a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan-Ordú 32. We will now deal with a request to move the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (180 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 3, Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2008 — Second Stage (resumed). Private Members' business shall be No. 43, motion re the Irish economy (resumed) to be taken after the...
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2008: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide that a change of use of a structure to use as a sex shop shall not be exempted development; and to provide for...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Irish Economy: Motion (Resumed) (72 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Richard Bruton on Wednesday, 25 September 2008:
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2008: Second Stage (Resumed). (30 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Fiscal Policy. (21 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Finance his latest assessment of the 2008 year end level for the numbers out of work, the shortfall in tax revenue and the Exchequer deficit; and if he will...
- Pension Provisions. (21 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Finance his intentions regarding funds held by the pension trustees of certain non-commercial State sponsored bodies in view of his letter proposing a full...
- Financial Sector. (6 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Finance if he has had discussions with the banks or the Central Bank and the Irish Financial Services Regulatory Authority regarding the robustness of the...
- Fiscal Policy. (17 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Finance the outcome of his discussions with EU officials at the recent ECOFIN meeting in respect of Ireland's obligation under the stability pact; and the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
National Development Plan.
- National Development Plan. (52 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Finance the selection process which he plans to put in place for prioritising projects for approval within the national development plan. [31468/08]
- Appointments to State Boards. (15 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Finance if he will ensure that all of his appointments to State bodies will be tabled for consideration by the Joint Committee on Finance and the Public...
- Value for Money Initiative. (10 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Finance his views on giving the Houses of the Oireachtas the power to initiate an evaluation of spending programmes under the value for money initiative....
- Economic Competitiveness. (18 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Finance his proposals to address the downturn in the economy with particular reference to improving the cost base; if an effort has been made to identify the...
- Unemployment Levels (5 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Finance his latest projections for average unemployment for each of the years 2009 and 2010; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [31344/08]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Alan Shatter — the...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Dublin Port Tunnel (16 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle and his office for allowing this debate. It is critically important and is a matter of deep concern. The Dublin Port tunnel is the largest piece of infrastructure in...
- Defence Forces Property. (2 speeches)
I wish to raise a serious issue, namely, the sudden decision of the Department of Defence to evict residents of a block of family units in the Defence Forces married quarters at Cathal Brugha...
- Water Quality. (4 speeches)
I read with great alarm about the events which took place in the established residential area of Mervue. The area is really divided in two, Old Mervue and New Mervue. Old Mervue was built in...