Wednesday, 24 September 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (38 speeches)
Ba mhaith liom buíochas a ghlacadh leis an Taoiseach as ucht teacht anseo inniu. In the three months since we last met circumstances in the country have changed utterly. There have been...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Staff. (55 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the number of staff vacancies in his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17139/08]
- Data Protection. (23 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach the procedures in place in his Department for the protection of personal data held by electronic means; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [18732/08]
- Regulatory Reform. (14 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the implementation of the OECD report on regulatory reform; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [19680/08]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (17 speeches)
Anois, iarratas chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32. We will now deal with requests to move the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (173 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10, motion re referral to select committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Double Taxation Relief Orders 2008, Socialist Republic of Vietnam and Republic...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Intoxicating Liquor Bill 2008, without amendment.
- Double Taxation Relief Orders 2008: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following Orders in draft: (i) Double Taxation Relief (Taxes on Income) (Socialist Republic of Vietnam) Order 2008, (ii) Double Taxation...
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2008: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to revise Dáil and European Parliament constituencies, to provide for the number of members to be elected for such constituencies, to amend the law relating to the...
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2008: Second Stage (3 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The main purpose of this Bill is to implement the recommendations in the report of the independent Constituency Commission published in October...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
FÁS Internal Audits.
- FÁS Internal Audits. (8 speeches)
Question 111: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the action she is taking to respond to financial mismanagement within FÁS as revealed by recent internal...
- Job Losses. (26 speeches)
Question 112: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the steps she is taking to stem the number of job losses, in view of the fact that the numbers on the live...
- Public Sector Reform. (16 speeches)
Question 114: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if a speech (details supplied) reflected her views; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [31095/08]
- Community Employment Schemes. (10 speeches)
Question 115: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment her views on introducing a new type of work scheme for skilled workers in receipt of social welfare; if there...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution. (22 speeches)
Question 116: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if she has been in contact with the National Consumer Agency to establish an alternative dispute resolution...
- Business Regulation. (41 speeches)
Question 117: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the progress there has been in reducing business regulation and red tape by 25% in all Departments, in view...
- Employment Rights Authority. (11 speeches)
Question 118: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the reason the National Employment Rights Authority has not been established on a statutory footing; and if...
- Consumer Codes of Conduct. (9 speeches)
Question 119: To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the steps being taken to implement the commitment in the programme for Government to ensure that consumer...
- Private Notice Questions. (0 speeches)
- Cancer Screening Programme. (55 speeches)
Some Deputies have tabled private notice questions for the Minister for Health and Children, Deputy Mary Harney, regarding recent misdiagnoses of breast cancer in Ennis General Hospital. I ask...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Alan Shatter — the...
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2008: Second Stage (Resumed) (30 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Irish Economy: Motion (116 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, condemns the Government for: its reckless economic policies over the last five years that undermined the stability and competitiveness of the Irish economy and that...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (9 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important issue, along with my constituency colleague, Deputy Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin. Monaghan General Hospital must be allowed remain...
- Departmental Agencies. (2 speeches)
I asked for this Adjournment debate because of continuing press reports that the abolition of the Combat Poverty Agency is imminent. A review steering committee has, since June 2007, been...
- County Kerry Bogslide. (2 speeches)
On the evening of Friday, 22 August 2008, a number of local people, who were working in the Maghanknockane area of the Stacks Mountains, felt trembling on the bog. They found this to be highly...
- Farm Waste Management. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this very important issue with the Minister for Agriculture and Food. I am disappointed the Minister is not here in person as I know...