Tuesday, 8 July 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Staff. (56 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the non-established civil servants or contract staff currently employed in his Department; if changes are planned in respect of these personnel; and if he will...
- Cabinet Committees. (27 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach if he has plans for changes to the Cabinet sub-committees operating under the auspices of his Department [14627/08]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Gangland Killings. (6 speeches)
Question 52: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the action he proposes to take to address gangland violence and murders, with particular reference to Dublin. [27208/08]
- Casino Regulation. (12 speeches)
Question 53: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform when it is intended to publish the report of the casino regulation committee which was submitted to Government in April...
- National Drugs Strategy. (6 speeches)
Question 54: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the steps he is taking to address the widespread availability of illegal drugs here. [27209/08]
- Garda Communications. (11 speeches)
Question 55: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the progress achieved in respect of the provision of a national digital radio system for the Garda Síochána. [27210/08]
- Constitutional Amendments. (28 speeches)
Question 56: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if he agrees with the statement by the Director of Public Prosecutions that a constitutional referendum should be held to...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Juvenile Offenders. (13 speeches)
Question 57: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the progress with the development of the newly proposed national detention facility for children and teenagers at the...
- Casino Regulation. (21 speeches)
Question 58: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform when it is intended to publish the report of the casino regulation committee, which was submitted to the Government in...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Joe McHugh — the lack...
- Leaders' Questions (29 speeches)
I wish to register a protest. There was an opportunity for the Government to have made these announcements in the House, but we did not receive the statement until well after 3.30 p.m. despite...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (8 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceanna a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan-Ordú 32. We will now deal with requests to move the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (70 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 15, Dublin Transport Authority Bill 2008 [Seanad] — Report Stage (resumed) and Final Stage; No. 16, Intoxicating Liquor Bill 2008 — Committee and Remaining Stages;...
- Dublin Transport Authority Bill 2008 [Seanad]: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (67 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 7:
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Chemicals Bill 2008, without amendment.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
Public Private Partnerships: Motion.
- Public Private Partnerships: Motion. (22 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: noting the collapse of five public private partnerships agreements in Dublin city, namely, St Michael's Estate, Inchicore, Dublin 8, O'Devaney Gardens and Infirmary...
- Intoxicating Liquor Bill 2008: Committee and Remaining Stages (82 speeches)
- Nuclear Test Ban Bill 2006: From the Seanad (4 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Special Areas of Conservation.
- Special Areas of Conservation. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this matter. I propose that the derogation that will cease in December 2008 be extended beyond that date. Taking the current costs of fuel into...
- School Accommodation. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister to the House. I hope he uses his high office to extend this communiqué to his colleague, the Minister for Education and Science, Deputy Batt O'Keeffe, to whom I have...
- Waste Management. (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister for attending the Chamber to address this issue. This is the fourth occasion on which I have sought a reply to this matter. On the day the story broke, I asked a junior...