Thursday, 3 July 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (8 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairiscint a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan-Ordú 32. We will now deal with requests to move the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (320 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 13, motion on the proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Planning and Development (Amendment) Regulations 2008 — back from committee; No. 2, Legal Practitioners...
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Regulations 2008: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft: The Planning and Development (Amendment) Regulations 2008, copies of which were laid in draft form before Dáil Éireann...
- Legal Practitioners (Irish Language) Bill 2007: From the Seanad (8 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Statements on Climate Change (46 speeches)
Climate change is the biggest challenge facing humanity. Global warming threatens not just our quality of life but the very survival of the planet and all who live on it. If it is allowed to...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Schools ICT Strategy.
- Schools ICT Strategy. (12 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the reason he recently decided to dismantle the information and communication technology advisory service for both primary and secondary...
- School Accommodation. (27 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the steps he intends to take to deal with the crisis in primary school accommodation in view of the findings of his Department that...
- Teachers' Remuneration. (8 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if, regarding the two rulings made against his Department by a rights commissioner, where two part-time teachers were awarded €100,000...
- Languages Programme. (13 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the steps he is taking to address the English language deficit of legally resident migrants; the steps which have been taken to date to...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Local Authority Charges.
- Local Authority Charges. (10 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if additional funds will be provided by his Department to schools to pay for water rates; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Private Notice Questions (0 speeches)
Health Service Reform.
- Health Service Reform. (41 speeches)
I will call on the Deputies who tabled questions to the Minister for Health and Children in the order in which they submitted their questions to my office.
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Joe Carey — the...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health Services. (4 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to address the report of the independent monitoring group on A Vision for Change. The group is chaired by an eminent person, Dr. Ruth Harrington, and I note that a...
- Drug Dealing. (2 speeches)
I am delighted to have the opportunity to speak about this pilot programme in the House. Much drug dealing takes place in public houses. Moreover, there is a great propensity for multi-drug use...
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this most important issue. We have no records that Coleridge's ancient mariner ever made it as far as Ennis, but the refrain, "Water, water,...
- Water Quality. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this issue. It was interesting to listen to the Minister of State's response to the issue raised by Deputy Joe Carey regarding the Ennis...