Tuesday, 4 March 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- National Archives. (34 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the files which were released recently by his Department under the National Archives Act 1986; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [3547/08]
- Legislative Programme. (29 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach his legislative priorities for the first half of 2008; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [3569/08]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Crime Levels. (12 speeches)
Question 85: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the steps he proposes to take to address the ever increasing use of offensive weapons by criminals; and if he will make a...
- Drugs in Prisons. (6 speeches)
Question 87: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the changes he proposes to make to policy and procedure in view of recent reports in respect of the widespread availability...
- Asylum Applications. (8 speeches)
Question 88: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the steps which he is taking to expedite the current leave to remain applications; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Garda Operations. (5 speeches)
Question 89: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if he is satisfied that all appropriate measures are being taken to deal with widespread anti-social behaviour in...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Garda Deployment. (32 speeches)
Question 90: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of gardaí currently assigned to community policing; if he will confirm that this represents less than 4% of the...
- Crime Prevention. (4 speeches)
Question 92: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the plans for the establishment of the new Garda organised crime unit; the personnel and resources that will be made...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Tom Sheahan — the...
- Leaders' Questions (30 speeches)
Now that the Taoiseach is back from canvassing for another position as an exit strategy——
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (8 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairiscint a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan-Ordú 32. Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order...
- Order of Business. (107 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 5, Motor Vehicle (Duties and Licences) Bill 2008 — Financial Resolution; and No. 11, Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2008 — Order for Report Stage and Report and...
- Motor Vehicle (Duties and Licences) Bill 2008: Financial Resolution (1 speech)
I move: That, for the purposes of any Act of the current session, provision be made to amend and extend the Finance (Excise Duties) (Vehicles) Act 1952 and the Finance (No. 2) Act 1992 in respect...
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2008: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2008: Report and Final Stages (143 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 is out of order as it involves a potential charge on the Revenue.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Anti-Social Behaviour: Motion (18 speeches)
I move: "That Dáil Éireann notes with grave concern, the ongoing deterioration of law and order under successive Fianna Fáil led Governments, particularly: the increase in incidents of...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Data Protection. (2 speeches)
I thank Deputy Crawford for allowing me to speak first. A staff member of the New York Blood Centre was in public with a laptop containing the records of donors to the Irish Blood Transfusion...
- Hospital Services (5 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this important issue and I thank the Minister for State, Deputy Máire Hoctor, for answering, in the absence of the Minister for Health...
- Caillteanais Postanna. (2 speeches)
Tá áthas orm deis a bheith agam an cheist thábhachtach seo a thógáil ar an Athló. Tá lúcháir orm go bhfuil an t-Aire é féin anseo chun éisteacht leis an méid atá le rá agam agus,...
- State Property. (2 speeches)
Killarney House is an historical building, part of a French-style house which was home to the Earl of Kenmare. It was owned by the late Mr. John McShain, one of the biggest developers in America...