Wednesday, 5 March 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (36 speeches)
The Green Party Ministers are again absent this morning. I raised the issue of economic performance with the Taoiseach a month ago. On that occasion, the response was the situation was being...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
Northern Ireland Issues.
- Northern Ireland Issues. (42 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on recent developments in Northern Ireland; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [3526/08]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (5 speeches)
Anois iarratais chun tairiscint a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan-Ordú 32. I now move to requests to move the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (76 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 5a, Finance Bill 2008 — Financial Resolution; No. 12, Finance Bill 2008 — Order for Report and Report and Final Stages; and No. 13, Legal Practitioners (Irish...
- Finance Bill 2008: Financial Resolution (1 speech)
I move: That the provisions of section 93 of the Finance Bill 2008, as amended in the Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service, which relates to the special scheme for means of...
- Finance Bill 2008: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Finance Bill 2008: Report Stage (27 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 11, between lines 11 and 12, to insert the following: "PART 1 TAXPAYERS' ADVOCATE OFFICE 1.—The Ombudsman shall include in her annual report a special report on...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on the Environment, Heritage and Local Government has completed its consideration of the Motor Vehicles (Duties and Licences) Bill 2008 and has made amendments thereto.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Services for People with Disabilities.
- Services for People with Disabilities. (6 speeches)
Question 78: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the action she will take to address the long waiting lists for assessment and diagnosis of children suspected of having autism, which now...
- Departmental Reports. (33 speeches)
Question 79: To ask the Minister for Health and Children when she expects the publication of each of the outstanding reports on cancer diagnosis and treatment, including the three reports on the...
- Ambulance Service. (8 speeches)
Question 80: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if, with regard to the recent decision by ambulance staff to vote for industrial action, she is truly committed to the development and...
- Health Service Staff. (11 speeches)
Question 81: To ask the Minister for Health and Children when she will address the shortage of speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists and other...
- Mental Health Services. (8 speeches)
Question 82: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the way she will ensure that the allocation of €25 million in 2006 and €25 million in 2007 for the introduction of the...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Mental Health Facilities.
- Mental Health Facilities. (17 speeches)
Question 83: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the reason the Health Service Executive is undertaking a cost-benefit analysis to determine whether it would be cheaper to redevelop the...
- Health Services. (7 speeches)
Question 84: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if she will request the Health Service Executive to provide interpretive services in hospitals for aurally impaired citizens, because...
- Hospital Staff. (16 speeches)
Question 85: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her views on the recent comments by the Irish Hospital Consultants Association that the new consultants contract is deficient in many...
- Health Services. (23 speeches)
Question 86: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if she has approved the Health Service Executive budget for 2008 and the addendum thereto; if she is satisfied that the proposals are...
- Mental Health Services. (17 speeches)
Question 87: To ask the Minister for Health and Children where the proposed acute psychiatric unit to replace St. Ita's psychiatric hospital, Portrane, will be located; and if she will make a...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy James Bannon — the...
- Finance Bill 2008: Report Stage (Resumed) (140 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 2:
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Anti-Social Behaviour: Motion (Resumed) (37 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Charles Flanagan on Tuesday, 4 March 2008:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Health Services. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for affording me time to raise this important matter, namely, the need for the Minister for Health and Children to provide an urgent update on her plans for a...
- Search and Rescue Service. (5 speeches)
I look forward to the reply with the specific data I seek as I am only working on anecdotal information at this stage. From my information, between 2001 and 2007 more than 111 rescue missions in...
- Job Creation. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue for the second time in a month. Although I am probably not allowed to talk about the Ceann Comhairle, he has shown a great...
- Schools Building Projects. (8 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue. There is an urgent need for a new national school in Kilfinane. Various promises were made since 2001 and there is deep concern...