Wednesday, 1 March 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (41 speeches)
Yesterday saw the publication of the Harding Clark report into medical practices at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda, where, for more than 20 years, practices conducted by a doctor were not...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Legislative Programme. (34 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach his Department's legislative priorities for 2006; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [40409/05]
- Active Citizenship. (40 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach when the new task force on active citizenship last met; and when he expects the next meeting to take place. [1867/06]
- Cabinet Committees. (45 speeches)
Question 11: To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet sub-committee on drugs and social inclusion last met. [1874/06]
- Death of Former Member: Expressions of Sympathy. (9 speeches)
I am honoured to pay a warm and well deserved tribute to the late Larry McMahon. I welcome his family, who are with us in the Distinguished Visitors Gallery, his children Ronan, Lorcan, Claire,...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (4 speeches)
I seek the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 31 to discuss the following matter of urgent public concern, namely, the necessity, given the publication of the Our Lady of Lourdes...
- Order of Business. (84 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 22, Competition (Amendment) Bill 2005 [Seanad] — Order for Report, Report and Final Stages; and No. 23 — statements on further and higher education, to be taken...
- Competition (Amendment) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Competition (Amendment) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Report Stage. (76 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 4, between lines 33 and 34, to insert the following: "(6) A person who contravenes section 15B shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable to the penalties...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Tourism Industry. (4 speeches)
Question 31: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the position regarding the PricewaterhouseCoopers review of the regional tourism authorities; if the proposed changes will be...
- Departmental Investigations. (4 speeches)
Question 32: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the terms of reference of the inquiry being undertaken by Mr. Tim Dalton into matters involving Bord na gCon; the progress made to...
- National Stadium. (6 speeches)
Question 33: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if plans to build a national stadium in Dublin are contingent on planning permission to proceed with the redevelopment of Lansdowne...
- Sports Facilities. (12 speeches)
Question 34: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he has commenced a national audit of sports facilities here as promised in 2002; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Film Industry Development. (4 speeches)
Question 35: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism his views on the provisions made in the recently published Finance Bill 2006 regarding relief available for investment in film; his...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Sports Funding. (10 speeches)
Question 36: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he has made a final decision on increased funding for the community games; his views on the clear need for more funding for the...
- Tourism Promotion. (10 speeches)
Question 37: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the position regarding his recent announcement that three new super-regions are to be created from existing rural tourism authorities...
- National Stadium. (8 speeches)
Question 38: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the progress made to date with regard to the Lansdowne Road stadium refurbishment; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8260/06]
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Devins — to discuss the...
- Further and Higher Education: Statements. (48 speeches)
I am delighted to have this opportunity to address the House on recent developments and current issues in higher and further education. It is important at the outset to put the issues in these...
- Messages from Select Committees. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights has completed its consideration of the Registration of Deeds and Title Bill 2004 and has made amendments thereto. The Select...
- Estimates for Public Services 2006: Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimates for public services, for the service of the year ended 31 December 2006:...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- School Discipline: Motion (Resumed). (70 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Enright on Tuesday, 28 February 2006:
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Company Closures. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me raise this important issue. As no doubt the House will be aware, Saehan Media recently announced that it is to cease manufacturing capability in Sligo...
- Schools Building Projects. (3 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for accepting this matter for discussion. I also thank the Minister for coming in to take the debate. I appreciate that. Kill national school, on the edge of the Naas...
- Marino Institute of Education. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise on the Adjournment the need to publish the Farrell Grant Sparks report on the Marino Institute of Education. Before going into detail on my concerns, I...