Wednesday, 8 March 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (69 speeches)
Where are the Ministers?
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
Census of Population.
- Census of Population. (33 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach his plans for the census of population due to be taken on 23 April 2006; if a final decision has been taken on the questions to be asked in the census form; the...
- Household Statistics. (2 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Taoiseach the number of households here broken down by type of dwelling; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [9494/06]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (36 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (119 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10a, Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: instruction to committee; No. 15, statements on report of the Lourdes hospital inquiry; and No. 10b, all-party...
- Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Instruction to Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, it be an Instruction to the Select Committee on Transport that it has power to make provision in the Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) Bill...
- Lourdes Hospital Inquiry: Statements. (18 speeches)
The Lourdes Hospital inquiry is a body blow to us all. It is painful to read, it is hard to believe and it is shameful and distressing. It is more akin to a novel set in the dark early part of...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Local Authority Funding.
- Local Authority Funding. (29 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he intends to instruct local authorities to initiate a review of development charges due to the inconsistency...
- Genetically Modified Organisms. (7 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the Government's policy in relation to experimentation in the growth of genetically modified or engineered...
- Departmental Guidelines. (22 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the measures which can be taken to improve the design and build of apartment blocks; his views on whether there...
- Environmental Policy. (18 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he will report on the implementation of the national climate change strategy in view of the comments by the...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Proposed Legislation. (34 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his views on whether there is a necessity to introduce legislation to protect local authority employees who wish...
- Local Government Modernisation Programme. (6 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he is satisfied with the use by local authorities of information technology and the Internet to assist...
- Planning Issues. (6 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his views on setting up a task force within his Department to examine the possible regulation of the planning...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Cowley and Cooper-Flynn...
- Lourdes Hospital Inquiry: Statements (Resumed). (35 speeches)
I appreciate that the Minister of State is not present; I am sure he is on his way. I appreciate the opportunity to discuss this frightening and important report. I congratulate those involved in...
- Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Transport has completed its consideration of the Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) Bill 2005 [Seanad] and has made amendments thereto.
- Inquiry into the murder of Mr. Patrick Finucane: Motion. (6 speeches)
I move: "That Dáil Éireann, —recalling the brutal murder of solicitor, Patrick Finucane, at his home in Belfast on 12 February 1989; —noting the on-going allegations of collusion between...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Whistleblowers Protection Bill 1999: Motion (Resumed). (28 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Rabbitte on Tuesday, 7 March 2006:
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Job Losses. (5 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise the matter of 40 job losses in Ballina, County Mayo. The north Mayo area is in crisis and the fault lies with a Government that has failed to address...
- Social Welfare Code. (4 speeches)
The issue I am raising is peculiar to Dublin inner city communities. It relates to that scourge of disadvantaged areas, heroin, a killer in every sense of the word that has caused devastation....
- Youth Services. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this issue on inequalities for young people, who believe they are seen in a negative light by adults. They see their treatment at the hands of adults as...