Wednesday, 22 March 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (124 speeches)
Following our day of double apology I wish to return to the situation in accident and emergency units around the country. After nine years in power with access to unprecedented funding the...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
Northern Ireland Issues.
- Northern Ireland Issues. (46 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on contacts he has had with the UK Government or with the Northern Ireland political parties following the 25 February 2006 riots in Dublin; and...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (6 speeches)
I seek the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 31 to raise a matter of national importance, namely, the need for the Minister for Agriculture and Food to clarify the exact negotiating...
- Order of Business. (46 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 13, Employees (Provision of Information and Consultation) Bill 2005 [Seanad]— Order for Report, Report and Final Stages and No. 12, National Sports Campus Development...
- An Bille um an Ochtú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht (Uimh. 3) 2006: An Chéad Chéim. (0 speeches)
- Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution (No. 3) Bill 2006: First Stage. (5 speeches)
Tairgim: Go gceadófar isteach Bille dá ngairtear Acht chun an Bunreacht a leasú. I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Constitution.
- Employees (Provision of Information and Consultation) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Employees (Provision of Information and Consultation) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Report Stage. (88 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 in the names of the Minister and Deputy Howlin arises from Committee proceedings. Amendments Nos. 1, 6, 7 and 44 are cognate and amendment No. 9 is related. These amendments will...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Decentralisation Programme. (6 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the sections of his Department that are being relocated under the planned decentralisation programme; the areas they are being...
- Social Welfare Benefits. (25 speeches)
Question 52: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs his plans to review the rent supplement payment in light of concerns expressed that as currently administered, it causes serious...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Benefits.
- Social Welfare Benefits. (13 speeches)
Question 56: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the efforts he is making to inform all eligible carers of their entitlement to the respite grant; and if he will make a statement on...
- Departmental Appointments. (3 speeches)
Question 58: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs, since he took office, the number of persons appointed to boards, working groups, committees and any other body comprising nominees...
- National Economic and Social Forum Report. (6 speeches)
Question 59: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs his response to the recent National Economic and Social Forum report on creating a more inclusive labour market in so far as it...
- Social Welfare Benefits. (7 speeches)
Question 60: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the percentage of carers who currently receive the carer's allowance; the number of carers; the cost of abolishing the means test;...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Naughten — the need for...
- Employees (Provision of Information and Consultation) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stages. (68 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 19 to 23, inclusive, are related to amendment No. 18 so amendments Nos. 18 to 23, inclusive, may be discussed together.
- National Sports Campus Development Authority Bill 2006: Second Stage (Resumed). (17 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights has completed its consideration of the Parental Leave (Amendment) Bill 2004 [Seanad] and has made amendments thereto.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Political Donations and Planning: Motion (Resumed).
- Political Donations and Planning: Motion (Resumed). (160 speeches)
Before the commencement of Private Members' business, I again remind members that the subject matter of the motion relates in part to a sitting tribunal of inquiry established by the Houses under...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Violence Against Women.
- Violence Against Women. (5 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this issue of services for women affected by domestic and sexual violence. I have raised it in the House on a number of occasions. As a...
- Crime Levels. (2 speeches)
Crime figures in County Louth are up significantly since 2000. For instance, last year in the county of Louth, of the 841 burglaries, only 60 were detected. I express my deep concern about the...
- Personal Statement by Member. (1 speech)
I made a comment while the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism, Deputy O'Donoghue, was speaking earlier which I thought was inaudible, but apparently it was audible. I would like to withdraw the...
- Adjournment Debate (Resumed). (0 speeches)
Water and Sewerage Schemes.
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for taking this Adjournment matter; he is covering a lot of ground this evening. This matter relates to the water services pricing policy, its implementation...