Thursday, 9 February 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (14 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (140 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 1, Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) Bill 2005 [Seanad] — Second Stage, to adjourn at 1 p.m. today, if not previously concluded; No. 2, University College Galway...
- An Bille um an Ochtú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht (Uimh. 2) 2006: An Chéad Chéim. (0 speeches)
- Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution (No. 2) Bill 2006: First Stage. (5 speeches)
Tairgim: Go gceadófar go dtabharfar isteach Bille dá ngairtear Acht chun an Bunreacht a leasú. I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Constitution.
- Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Second Stage. (22 speeches)
On a point of order, why is this Minister of State taking the Bill in the House as this is a Department of Transport Bill?
- Business of Dáil. (7 speeches)
I wish to make a change to the Order of Business. It is proposed that, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders or the order of the Dáil of this day, Second and Subsequent Stages of No. 2,...
- University College Galway (Amendment) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Second Stage. (45 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to bring this Bill to the House, Bille tábhachtach don choláiste agus don Ghaeilge. Athraíonn an Bille seo Acht atá ann ó...
- University College Galway (Amendment) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Committee and Remaining Stages. (35 speeches)
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Pension Provisions. (10 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the schemes available to widows or widowers in receipt of pensions from his Department to enable recipients to re-enter the...
- Social Welfare Benefits. (5 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs his views on whether it is intended to introduce a new social services card for lone parents that will require the holder to collect...
- Pension Provisions. (6 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs his plans to establish a national forum to debate the issues raised in the recent national pensions review report; and the parties...
- National Economic and Social Forum Report. (10 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs his views on the recent NESF Report No. 33, Creating a More Inclusive Labour Market (January 2006) which highlights the ever...
- Social Welfare Benefits. (10 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the reason his Department continues to treat joint bank accounts as income for the purpose of assessing entitlement to a qualified...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Benefits.
- Social Welfare Benefits. (44 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the steps he has taken or plans to take to implement the recommendations contained in the report of the Joint Committee on Social and...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Burton — the need to...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Sports Capital Programme.
- Sports Capital Programme. (9 speeches)
As the first two items are related, they will be taken together.
- Hospital Services. (2 speeches)
The Government has failed to honour commitments made to provide funding for dedicated medical services for victims of rape and sexual assault. It has emerged this week from a report carried out...
- Community Development. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this matter about the need for increased Government support for the Cobh and Great Island community centre project. This project is ten years...