Thursday, 2 February 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (23 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (169 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 12, proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the draft Companies (Auditing and Accounting) Act 2003 (Prescribed Accountancy Bodies) Regulations 2006, which is back from...
- Independent Monitoring Commission (Repeal) Bill 2006: First Stage. (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to repeal the Independent Monitoring Commission Act 2003.
- Companies (Auditing and Accounting) Act 2003 (Prescribed Accountancy Bodies) Regulations 2006: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the following regulations in draft: Companies (Auditing and Accounting) Act 2003 (Prescribed Accountancy Bodies) Regulations 2006, copies of which have been...
- Competition (Amendment) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed). (104 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Competition (Amendment) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Enterprise and Small Business, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Crime Levels. (92 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his views on the amount of serious crime, including homicides, committed by people out on bail; the figures of same; and his...
- Human Rights Issues. (8 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if he will make a statement on the conclusion of the joint report of the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland and the...
- Drug Seizures. (7 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his views on the significant increase in Garda seizures of crack cocaine in Dublin's north city district; his further views on...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Residency Permits. (20 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the reason a person, details supplied, was refused extension of residency here; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Forensic Testing. (13 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the safeguards he intends to incorporate into the legislation establishing a DNA database here; if he intends to follow the...
- Road Traffic Offences. (40 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if the Garda authorities are capable of operating an expanded penalty points system; the assurances he has received; and if he...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Costello — that the...
- Adjournment Debate. (6 speeches)
The first matter is in the name of Deputy Costello, who has five minutes.
- Hospitals Building Programme. (19 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children, Deputy Brian Lenihan, to the House. I wish to share time with my colleague, Deputy Seán Ryan. The Minister of State may...
- Financial Services Regulation. (6 speeches)
Can I take it that the Minister for Finance has sent the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children, Deputy Brian Lenihan, to deal with this matter or should I wait for the Minister?
- Social Welfare Benefits. (11 speeches)
This is a sad issue. The person in question is a migrant worker who was working here until September 2005. Owing to personal circumstances she had to change employment and is now seeking further...
- Water Services. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise submissions concerning water metering. As the Minister is aware, water meters are being installed on all non-domestic premises across the...