Thursday, 23 February 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (26 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I will call on the Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (137 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10, motion re presentation and circulation of Revised Estimates 2006; No. 10a, motion re referral to Select Committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the...
- Presentation of Estimates: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That notwithstanding Standing Order 152(1) or (2) of the Standing Orders of Dáil Éireann relative to public business, Revised Estimates for the Public Services for the year ending 31...
- Finance Act 2004 (Section 91) (Deferred Surrender to the Central Fund) Order 2006: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approve the following Order in draft: Finance Act (Section 91) (Deferred Surrender to the Central Fund) Order 2006, copies of which have been laid in...
- EU Regulations: Referral to Joint Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposals that Dáil Éireann approve, in accordance with Article 29.4.6° of Bunreacht na hÉireann, the exercise by the State of the option, provided by Article 3 of the fourth...
- Social Welfare Law Reform and Pensions Bill 2006: Second Stage (Resumed). (46 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service has completed its consideration of the Finance Bill 2006 and has made amendments thereto.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Overseas Missions. (19 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Defence the discussions he or his Department has held to date with potential EU battle group partners; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [7506/06]
- Defence Forces Recruitment. (4 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Defence the level of female membership of all units of the Defence Forces; the steps he will take to encourage more women to join the Defence Forces; and if he...
- Defence Forces Inquiry. (6 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Defence the new investigation into the death of Army Private Kevin Barrett in Lebanon seven years ago; if he has met the Barrett family to discuss details of...
- Commemorative Events. (58 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Defence the preparations his Department is taking for the military parade on 16 April 2006 to mark the 1916 Easter Rising 90th commemoration; if he will march...
- Defence Forces Recruitment. (6 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Defence what efforts are being made to evolve the Defence Forces into an ethnically diverse military; his views on whether it is necessary to target...
- National Emergency Plan. (14 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will report on the February 2006 meeting of the task force on emergency planning that he chairs. [7482/06]
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Irish Medicines Board (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2005, and the Teaching Council (Amendment) Bill 2006, without amendment.
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Neville — Adare...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Cancer Screening Programme.
- Cancer Screening Programme. (8 speeches)
I am grateful to the Ceann Comhairle for providing me with the opportunity to raise this very important matter. We all agree breast cancer is a terrible killer. There is no known way to prevent...
- Transfer Orders. (6 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to raise this especially sensitive matter on the Adjournment. It has been the subject of several parliamentary questions over recent...
- Garda Investigations. (2 speeches)
I raised this issue previously in the House. A young man was taken into Garda custody in Store Street Garda station on 2 June. He was taken from the station unconscious to the Mater Hospital on...
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (9 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this important issue and the Minister of State for responding. Since I became a Member of this House in 1997, I have consistently raised...