Wednesday, 22 June 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (75 speeches)
As the country's elderly population grows, it is critical to have a nursing home sector in which people have confidence and where the highest standards apply and are seen to apply. It is the...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Dublin-Monaghan Bombings. (16 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach when he expects to receive a report from Mr. Justice Henry Barron. [18923/05]
- Tribunals of Inquiry. (15 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach the costs which accrued to his Department in respect of the Moriarty tribunal during May 2005; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [19039/05]
- Infrastructure Programme. (22 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the outcome of the May 2005 meeting of the cross-departmental team on infrastructure and public private partnerships; and if he will make a...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (4 speeches)
I seek the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 31 to raise a matter of local and national importance, namely, the failure of the Government to follow through on the agreement with the...
- Order of Business. (105 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 26, Garda Síochána Bill 2004 [Seanad] — Order for Report, Report and Final Stages. It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, that the Dáil shall...
- Garda Síochána Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage. (20 speeches)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Garda Síochána Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Motion to Recommit. (81 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, pursuant to Standing Order 128(1) of the Standing Orders Relative to Public Business, directs that the Garda Síochána Bill 2004 in whole be recommitted to a...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Rail Services. (8 speeches)
Question 22: To ask the Minister for Transport if he has considered allowing private sector operators to tender for container rail freight services; if so, the actions which have been taken to...
- Public Transport. (32 speeches)
Question 23: To ask the Minister for Transport the reason for the delay in announcing the ten-year plan for public transport; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [21561/05]
- Rural Transport. (6 speeches)
Question 24: To ask the Minister for Transport if he will put in place a rural transport service to cover the north-east Galway region to enable elderly persons with no transportation of their...
- Public Transport. (16 speeches)
Question 25: To ask the Minister for Transport the number and details of private operator bus passenger licences for new routes awarded by his Department's licensing unit each year from 2002 to...
- Road Safety. (6 speeches)
Question 26: To ask the Minister for Transport if he is satisfied that the best practices in terms of ensuring passenger and driver safety are being followed on public transport buses; if he has...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Public Transport. (18 speeches)
Question 27: To ask the Minister for Transport the research that has been carried out on the proposed new Luas Line to Rathfarnham as was recommended in the Dublin transportation platform for...
- Decentralisation Programme. (40 speeches)
Question 28: To ask the Minister for Transport if he is satisfied with the progress made to date in the decentralisation of State agencies under his control; his views on the number of posts to...
- Public Transport. (16 speeches)
Question 29: To ask the Minister for Transport if he is satisfied with the significant delay in the bus licensing unit within his Department; the reason for the lengthy delay in securing a...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Carey — the need to...
- Garda Síochána Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Report Stage. (267 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 is out of order.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Morris Tribunal: Motion (Resumed).
- Garda Síochána Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Report Stage (Resumed). (58 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 12:
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Community Support Services.
- Community Support Services. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. My matter concerns the need for the Minister for Community, Gaeltacht and Rural Affairs to implement the findings of a review report on the Carmichael Centre,...
- Road Safety. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this important matter on the Adjournment. Sinéad McDaid was a young woman of 22 years of age. She was driving on the Culdaff Road, Donegal, on 12 June...
- Driver Testing Service. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to raise this serious issue. Recent legislation that allows for the establishment of a separate public sector body to deliver and improve...
- Sugar Industry. (3 speeches)
With the agreement of the House, I will share time with Deputy Stanton. I thank the Chair for the opportunity to raise this extremely important issue. There is no doubt that the European...