Tuesday, 28 June 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Cabinet Committees. (40 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee on social inclusion and drugs last met. [19095/05]
- Northern Ireland Issues. (35 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach if he will make a statement on the outcome of his meeting on 15 June 2005 with the British Prime Minister, Mr. Tony Blair. [20735/05]
- Priority Questions. (1 speech)
Priority Questions Nos. 24 and 26 are in the names of Deputies O'Dowd and Cuffe. As neither Deputy is present, we will proceed to Priority Question No. 25 in the name of Deputy Gilmore. As Deputy...
- Local Authority Housing. (17 speeches)
Question 27: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his views on whether the recent announcement on social housing will eliminate local authority housing waiting...
- Register of Electors. (16 speeches)
Question 24: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the steps he intends to take to ensure that the electoral register properly reflects the electorate in time for...
- Social and Affordable Housing. (41 speeches)
Question 25: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the total number of affordable houses that have been constructed, provided and allocated to date under...
- Radon Gas Levels. (10 speeches)
Question 28: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if, in view of the fact that the RPII estimates that between 10% and 15% of all lung cancer deaths in Ireland,...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Planning Issues. (37 speeches)
Question 29: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government when the new fast track planning procedure for major infrastructural projects will be operational; the measures...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Cowley — to ask the...
- Leaders' Questions. (173 speeches)
Very few people in the country will forget the description, in May 2002, of the campus Ireland project by the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform as being "Ceaucescu-like", but recent...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (7 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I call on the Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (107 speeches)
The Order of Business today shall be as follows: No. 13, Social Welfare Consolidation Bill 2005 — First Stage; No. 14, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of a report by the Minister...
- Social Welfare (Consolidation) Bill 2005: First Stage. (1 speech)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to consolidate the Social Welfare Acts. Certificate of the Attorney General In pursuance of Standing Order 137 of the Standing...
- Defence (Amendment) Act 1993: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the report by the Minister for Defence pursuant to section 4 of the Defence (Amendment) Act 1993, copies of which were laid before Dáil Éireann on 11...
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2005: Report Stage (Resumed). (46 speeches)
Bill again recommitted in respect of amendment No. 1:
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
G8 Summit and Overseas Development Aid: Motion.
- G8 Summit and Overseas Development Aid: Motion. (44 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, given the meeting of the leaders of the G8 countries being held in Edinburgh, Scotland and given subsequent meetings being held for the UN Millennium Summit in New...
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Maritime Safety Bill 2004 and the Investment Funds, Companies and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2005 without amendment.
- Disability Bill 2004: From the Seanad. (17 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Veterinary Practice Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Veterinary Practice Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Report Stage. (48 speeches)
Amendment No. 2 is an alternative to amendment No. 1 and amendments Nos. 3 to 5, inclusive, and 15 are related. Amendments Nos. 1 to 5, inclusive, and 15 can be taken together.
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Port Development. (3 speeches)
I raise the need for clarification by the Minister of State at the Department of Communications, Marine and Natural Resources, Deputy Gallagher, in the context of his replies to Questions Nos....
- National Aquatic Centre. (15 speeches)
One of the water slides in the national aquatic centre is called the dark hole. I reckon the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism, Deputy O'Donoghue, wishes he could climb into that dark hole and...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue on the provision of a new school at Gaelscoil Uí Ríordáin in Ballincollig, County Cork. Gaelscoil Uí Ríordáin is an...
- School Staffing. (2 speeches)
Ba mhaith liom buíochas a ghabháil leis an Aire as ucht an deis a thabhairt domh an cheist thábhachtach seo a thógáil ar an Athló anocht. Cé nach bhfuil an tAire Oideachais agus...