Wednesday, 23 November 2022
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from the following Senators that they propose to raise the following matters:
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Sentencing Policy (5 speeches)
The Minister of State at the Department of Justice, Deputy Browne, is most welcome to the House. The first Commencement matter is by Senator Crowe who has four minutes.
- Education and Training Boards (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Harris, to the House.
- Coast Guard Service (4 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire. I thank the Minister for taking this issue on behalf of the Minister of State, Deputy O'Donovan. While I appreciate that the Office of Public Works, OPW, is...
- Animal Diseases (5 speeches)
It is good to have the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine here. I sought this debate to get an update on the unfortunate situation with avian flu. I acknowledge the importance of...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (22 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, statements on public order and safe streets, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and to conclude at 2.15 p.m., if not previously concluded, with a time allocated to the...
- Visit of Canadian Delegation (1 speech)
Before we adjourn for a sos, I welcome the serving poet laureate of the Canadian Parliament to the Distinguished Visitors' Gallery. Louise Bernice Halfe is representative of the voice of Canada...
- Public Order and Safe Streets: Statements (32 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of the State to the Chamber for statements on public order and safe streets. He has ten minutes.
- Water Services (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2022: Committee Stage (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Noonan, back to the House.
- Message from Joint Committee (1 speech)
The Joint Committee on Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth has completed its consideration of the Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2022, section 9(2), Amount of...
- Planning and Development (Exempted Development) (Number 4) Regulations 2022: Motion (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Peter Burke. I am glad to see him back, looking well and looking good.
- Ireland's Military Neutrality: Motion [Private Members] (47 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Defence, Deputy Coveney, to Seanad Éireann to discuss Ireland's military neutrality, a topic that is much in discussion at the moment and has always been in...
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (4 speeches)
In light of the vote in the Lower House, I propose that we suspend the sitting for 15 minutes if that is agreeable.