Wednesday, 19 October 2022
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from the following Senators that they propose to raise the following matters: Senator Malcolm Byrne - The need for the Minister for Environment, Climate and Communications...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Illegal Dumping (4 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit. We have talked about this issue previously in the Chamber and privately. I am quite happy that the Government enacted the circular economy...
- Renewable Energy Generation (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Senator Hackett, to the House to deal with this issue. It is straightforward. As the Minister of State is well aware, the targeted agricultural modernisation...
- Special Educational Needs (6 speeches)
I have tabled this matter after the Minister of State's recent visit to Dundalk. Two weeks ago she kindly came to County Louth and went to Coláiste Chú Chulainn and the CBS primary...
- Emergency Departments (5 speeches)
Ar dtús báire, gabhaim buíochas le hoifig an Chathaoirligh as ucht an deis a fháil labhairt ar an ábhar tábhachtach seo. É sin ráite, is mór is trua...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (37 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Eighteenth Report of the Committee on Parliamentary Privileges and Oversight on the amendment of Standing Orders 57A and 190, to be taken on conclusion of the...
- Eighteenth Report of the Committee on Parliamentary Privileges and Oversight: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the Eighteenth Report of the Committee on Parliamentary Privileges and Oversight on the amendment of Standing Orders 57A and 190 be adopted, laid before the House and printed.
- Consumer Rights Bill 2022: Committee Stage (31 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Calleary, to the House for the first time since he assumed his role.
- VAT Rate for Tourism and Hospitality Sectors: Statements (8 speeches)
It is my pleasure to welcome the Minister for Finance, Deputy Donohoe, to the House. He is one our well-known alumni at this stage.
- Visit of Portuguese Delegation (2 speeches)
I welcome the President of Portugal, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Portugal, the Irish ambassador to Portugal, and the Portuguese ambassador to Ireland who are in the Distinguished Visitors...
- VAT Rate for Tourism and Hospitality Sectors: Statements (Resumed) (16 speeches)
Over a long period of time, accommodation has been driven by supply and demand. That is the main driving factor in that regard. This principle is leading to the high cost of accommodation. A...
- Poverty and Social Exclusion: Motion (26 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Joe O'Brien, to the House and thank him for being here for this important debate.