Friday, 26 February 2021
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Frances Black that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Foreign...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- International Programmes (5 speeches)
I welcome my friend and colleague, the Minister of State, Deputy Colm Brophy, to the House.
- Forestry Sector (5 speeches)
It is great to be able to raise this issue in the House this morning. It is nice to have one of our own Senators, Senator Hackett, here in the role of Minister of State. I know the Minister of...
- Project Ireland 2040 (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. The west of Ireland is a wonderful place to live and County Galway and city is a wonderful place to live. I would like to concentrate on Galway City and...
- Local Authority Housing (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House. I want to raise an issue which resonates right across the country. It concerns income thresholds for social housing. I have a simple...
- Parental Leave (4 speeches)
The reason to raise this Commencement matter is to call on the Government to deliver wholly on the purpose of the Parent's Leave and Benefit Act to facilitate working parents to balance paid...
- Employment Rights (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Troy, to the House.
- Teachtaireacht ón Dáil - Message from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann has passed the Health (Amendment) Bill 2021 on 25 February 2021, to which the agreement of Seanad Éireann is desired.
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (28 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. a1, motion regarding the Sixth Report of the Committee of Selection, to be taken without debate on the conclusion of the Order of Business; No. 1, statements on...
- Report of Committee of Selection: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the Sixth Report of the Committee of Selection be laid before the Seanad.
- Covid-19 (Transport): Statements (32 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Transport, Deputy Eamon Ryan, to the Chamber for statements on Covid-19 and transport matters.
- Covid-19 (Aviation): Statements (23 speeches)
It is my great pleasure to welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Naughton, to the Chamber to address the Seanad.