Monday, 1 March 2021
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Aisling Dolan that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Schools Building Projects (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Education, Deputy Josepha Madigan, to the House and thank her for attending.
- Environment Fund (5 speeches)
It is important to acknowledge the huge impact the closure of the power stations in Lanesboro and Shannonbridge, and the end of peat production, has had on communities and families which have...
- Social Welfare Benefits (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Joe O'Brien, to the House and thank him for his time this morning. I want to raise, and I certainly welcome, the introduction of the benefit payment to...
- Flood Prevention Measures (4 speeches)
I welcome my namesake, the Minister of State, Deputy Patrick O'Donovan. I thank him for kindly visiting my home town of Bantry some time ago to see first-hand the damage done by flooding. I...
- Covid-19 Pandemic Supports (4 speeches)
The Minister of State will be well aware of the level of devastation Covid has wreaked on the hospitality and tourism sector. Every little business in this sector has effectively been put on its...
- Local Enterprise Offices (5 speeches)
One of the drawbacks of speaking last is that one runs out of time and nobody remains to listen. As they say, that is politics. They will say that they are in their offices. First and...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (26 speeches)
I note that all the other Members present are female. I welcome everyone. Chestit praznikmeans "happy holidays" in Bulgarian and 3 March marks the international date for the re-establishment of...
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2021: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to restrict applications for change of use of certain student accommodation units; and to provide for connected matters.
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (4 speeches)
I understand the Leader wishes to make a proposal to the House.
- Health (Amendment) Bill 2021: Second Stage (40 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Health (Amendment) Bill 2021: Committee and Remaining Stages (38 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Children (Amendment) Bill 2020: Committee Stage (37 speeches)