Monday, 22 February 2021
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have receive notice from Senator Malcolm Byrne that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Transport...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Road Projects (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Peter Burke, to the House.
- Taxi Licences (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for being here. The essence of this issue relates to the fact that at present holders of hackney or minibus licences cannot during their lifetimes pass on the...
- Tenant Purchase Scheme (5 speeches)
Three years ago I sat with the Minister of State's predecessor, Deputy English, discussing this very issue. It is important that we try to get a solution to it.
- Covid-19 Pandemic (4 speeches)
I want to raise the issue of the revision of construction activity due to be announced in the coming days. It was welcome that, since January, essential construction such as social housing has...
- Housing Assistance Payment (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming into the House today to address what I see as a very urgent issue. It has come to my attention that under the Civil Legal Aid Act 1995 housing assistance...
- Disability Services Provision (6 speeches)
I welcome back the Minister of State, Deputy Butler, to the House. She is also in the House more often than I am.
- Ábhair Ghnó an tSeanaid – Matters on the Business of the Seanad (27 speeches)
I wish to mark the fact that a small country a lot like Ireland this week celebrates its independence. A year before Dáil Éireann sat for the first time, Estonia declared independence...
- National Climate and Air Roadmap for the Agriculture Sector: Statements (23 speeches)
I welcome the Minister to the House and thank him for taking time out of his busy schedule to address the issue of climate change and the national climate and air roadmap for the agriculture sector.
- Councillors' Pay: Motion (34 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Eireann: acknowledges: - the increased workload of city and county councillors since the passing of the Local Government Reform Act 2014, and the subsequent...