Monday, 8 February 2021
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senators Ollie Crowe and Eugene Murphy that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, they propose to raise the following matter: The need for the...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Local Government Reform (9 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage, Deputy Peter Burke, to the House and I thank for his time. He is familiar with Galway and I am...
- Planning Issues (4 speeches)
A chara, ba mhaith liom fáilte a chur romhat go dtí an Teach seo ar maidin. I welcome the Minister of State to the House and thank him for taking time out of his busy schedule to make...
- Planning Issues (7 speeches)
With the permission of the House, I will share time with Senator Sherlock.
- Primary Care Centres (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Feighan, for being here to take this Commencement Matter. The Dáil constituency of Dublin South Central is my home constituency. It has a population...
- Institutes of Technology (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science to the House and thank him for taking this Commencement matter in person. I wish to acknowledge the...
- Apprenticeship Programmes (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister for coming here this morning to reply to this matter. Last year, I addressed him in this House on the matter of apprenticeship schemes. In particular, I proposed that he...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (34 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Dumping at Sea Act 1996 (Section 5(12)) (Commencement) Order 2021, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business without debate; No. 2, Criminal Justice...
- Criminal Procedure and Related Matters Bill 2021: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to make various amendments to aspects of criminal procedure and to make provision for related matters.
- Dumping at Sea Act 1996 (Section 5(12)) (Commencement) Order 2021: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft: Dumping at Sea Act 1996 (Section 5(12)) (Commencement) Order 2021, a copy of which has been laid in draft form...
- Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) (Amendment) Bill 2020: Committee Stage (43 speeches)
We now have 90 minutes to deal with the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Amendment Bill 2020 on Committee Stage. Does any Member wish to speak on section 1? No.
- Special Education Provision: Statements (22 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House for this very important debate. I know many parents throughout the country are anxious to hear the update on the provision of special education for...
- Free Provision of Period Products Bill 2021: Second Stage (27 speeches)
I remind Members that under the new procedures,the proposer and seconder have a combined total time of 16 minutes. I call Senator Clifford-Lee.