Tuesday, 26 November 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Gerard Craughwell that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- School Accommodation Provision (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Education and Skills, Deputy Joe McHugh, to the House.
- Local Authority Housing Eligibility (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy English. I have raised on many occasions the serious issue of the local authority threshold being too low to allow people to access the housing list....
- Housing Management Companies (8 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy English, for taking time out of his busy schedule to come to this important debate. He will be aware of this issue because I have been in touch with him...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (127 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. a1, motion regarding the thirteenth report of the Committee of Selection, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business, without debate; No. 1, motion...
- Thirteenth Report of the Committee of Selection: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the report be laid before the Seanad.
- Reappointment of An Coimisinéir Teanga: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann recommends Mr. Rónán Ó Domhnaill for re-appointment by the President to be An Coimisinéir Teanga.
- Universities Act 1997: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Universities Act 1997 (section 54(3)) (University Authorisation) Order 2019, copies of which...
- Finance Bill 2019: Second Stage (86 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Judicial Appointments Commission Bill 2017: Report Stage (Resumed) (384 speeches)
The Minister for Justice and Equality is very welcome. Amendment No. 5 is in the names of Senators Norris, Boyhan and Craughwell. It arises out of Committee proceedings. Amendments Nos. 5 and...