Wednesday, 13 November 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Keith Swanick that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Finance to...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Disabled Drivers and Passengers Scheme (11 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Stanton.
- Aquaculture Licences (6 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit. I wish to raise a very important and emotive local issue concerning applications to the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine for foreshore...
- Institutes of Technology (5 speeches)
I felt compelled to raise this very serious issue with the Minister of State, Deputy Mitchell O'Connor, given the circumstances I will address in my contribution. It is fair to say that Dundalk...
- Fire Stations Upgrade (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State back. We should have taken his two Commencement debates together.
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (96 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 91, motion 8, Private Members' business, to be taken at 12.45 p.m., with the time allocated to this debate not to exceed two hours; No. 1, Education (Student and...
- Services for People with Disabilities: Motion (17 speeches)
We will resume with the motion on sight loss disability services. I call on Senator Conway to move the motion.
- Teachtaireacht ón Dáil - Message from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann passed the Finance (Tax Appeals and Prospectus Regulation) Bill 2019 on 12 November 2019, to which the agreement of Seanad Éireann is desired.
- Education (Student and Parent Charter) Bill 2019: Committee Stage (Resumed) (30 speeches)
- Election of Acting Chairman (3 speeches)
Clerk of the Seanad: I have to inform the House that both the Cathaoirleach and the Leas-Chathaoirleach are absent from this meeting of the Seanad. Pursuant to Standing Order 12, it will be...
- Illegal Drugs: Motion (32 speeches)
I move:“That Seanad Éireann: notes that:- individuals, families and communities throughout the country have been devastated by illegal drugs; - drug-related harm consistently...