Wednesday, 26 June 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Jerry Buttimer that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Health to...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Primary Care Centres Provision (4 speeches)
I welcome Minister of State, Deputy Jim Daly, and thank him for his courtesy in attending the House. The issue before us is a very important one concerning the provision of a primary care centre...
- Vacant Properties (6 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for allowing me to raise this important matter and the Minister for his attendance. As the Minister will be aware, a considerable number of people throughout County...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (153 speeches)
I ask the very nice Deputy Leader to outline the business of the day.
- Criminal Justice (Judicial Discretion) (Amendment) Bill 2019: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend section 2 of the Criminal Justice Act 1990 and to provide for related matters.
- Criminal Justice (Mutual Recognition of Probation Judgments and Decisions) Bill 2018: Committee and Remaining Stages (4 speeches)
Sections 1 to 32, inclusive, agreed to.
- Coroners (Amendment) Bill 2018: Committee Stage (17 speeches)
I informed Senators on Second Stage of my intention to bring forward a number of further amendments. The amendments I am introducing today include an important new section that will provide a...
- Perjury and Related Offences Bill 2018: Report and Final Stages (30 speeches)
Before we commence, I remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage, except the proposer of an amendment who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. Also on Report...
- Industrial Relations (Amendment) Bill 2018: Committee and Remaining Stages (7 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Criminal Justice (Public Order) (Amendment) Bill 2019: Second Stage (12 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I welcome the Minister for Justice and Equality back to the Seanad for this debate. The purpose of the Criminal Justice (Public Order)...
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (15 speeches)
As a result of the fact that the House has dealt with the Bill much more quickly than anticipated, there is a gap in our schedule. I ask the Acting Leader to propose a suspension until 6 p.m.
- Summer Economic Statement 2019: Statements (45 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Departments of Finance, Deputy D'Arcy, to the House. Group spokespersons have eight minutes, which is not to be exceeded, and all other Senators have five...