Wednesday, 26 September 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Michelle Mulherin that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Water and Sewerage Schemes Funding (4 speeches)
I warmly welcome last week's announcement of a block grant of €3.5 million to Mayo County Council under the multi-annual rural water programme. However, I am very disappointed that under...
- Schools Building Projects Status (20 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State at the Department of Education and Skills, Deputy Mary Mitchell O'Connor, for coming to the Chamber to discuss the urgent situation at St. Molaga's senior national...
- School Transport Provision (4 speeches)
Last Wednesday, a delegation of Oireachtas Members from Donegal met the Minister of State with responsibility for school transport, Deputy Halligan, and outlined to him the serious problems being...
- Message from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann passed the Markets in Financial Instruments Bill 2018 on 25 September 2018, to which the agreement of Seanad Éireann is desired.
- Order of Business (87 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Law Provisions Bill 2018 – Second Stage, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and to be adjourned at 2 p.m. if not previously...
- Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Law Provisions Bill 2018: Second Stage (11 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Judicial Appointments Commission Bill 2017: Committee Stage (Resumed) (69 speeches)
SECTION 15Question again proposed: “That section 15 stand part of the Bill.”
- Message from Joint Committee (1 speech)
At its meeting today the Joint Committee on Justice and Equality completed its consideration of the following motion:That Seanad Éireann approve a proposal for a Regulation of the European...
- Inclusion in Sport: Motion (44 speeches)
I move:"That Seanad Éireann: recognises:- the immense contribution sport makes to Ireland and to the health and well-being of our citizens; - the many proud sporting moments our Irish men...