Tuesday, 25 September 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Ivana Bacik that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- School Admissions (1 speech)
I welcome the Minister for Education and Skills to the House. I am very grateful to him for coming in to deal with this matter personally. I raise the matter of the need for the Minister to...
- Visit of Egyptian Delegation (1 speech)
Before I ask the Minister to respond, I am sure the Members of the House and the Minister will wish to join in welcoming a parliamentary delegation from Egypt led by His Excellency, Dr. Ali Abdul...
- Commencement Matters (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- School Admissions (5 speeches)
I thank Senator Bacik for raising this issue. To put it in context, it is important to state that, under our education system, patrons' boards of management have an independent role. It is a...
- Obesity Strategy (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Catherine Byrne, to the House. Senator Noone has four minutes to outline her case.
- National Drugs Strategy (5 speeches)
I call Senator Warfield. The Minister of State, Deputy Byrne, will also take this matter.
- Bovine Disease Controls (4 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit go dtí an Teach inniu. I thank the Minister of State for his attendance in the House for this important topic. Recently, many farmers in County...
- Order of Business (72 speeches)
Before I call on the Deputy Leader to announce today's Order of Business, I want to refer to an issue that is causing some discomfort for me regarding the way in which Commencement matters are...
- Technological Universities Act 2018 (Section 36) (Appointed Day) Order 2018: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the following Order in draft:Technological Universities Act 2018 (Section 36) (Appointed Day) Order 2018,a copy of which was laid before...
- EU Directive on Internal Security Fund: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect...
- Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) (Amendment) Bill 2018: Second Stage (10 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Scoping Inquiry into CervicalCheck Screening Programme: Statements (18 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Health, Deputy Simon Harris. This is the first opportunity I have had to do so as Acting Chairman.