Tuesday, 19 June 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Michelle Mulherin that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Health...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Home Care Packages (5 speeches)
The Minister of State, Deputy John Paul Phelan, is very welcome.
- Homeless Persons Data (9 speeches)
As of April there were 924 homeless people aged between 18 and 24 according to figures from the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government. We know that youth homelessness can be...
- School Accommodation Provision (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister for coming to the House. I want to draw his attention to a little school in rural Carlow. Fr. Cullen Memorial school in Tinryland is a digital school of distinction, a fair...
- Rail Network Safety (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Deputy Shane Ross, for coming to the Chamber to discuss this important issue of safety on our trains and in our train stations. I live in...
- Order of Business (33 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re the joint sitting of Dáil Éireann and Seanad Éireann for exchange of views with Mr. Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European...
- Joint Sitting of Dáil Éireann and Seanad Éireann: Motion (1 speech)
I move:(1) That Seanad Éireann:(a) notes that the Treaty on European Union recognises the active contribution of National Parliaments to the good functioning of the Union through being...
- Position of UK and Ireland in Respect of Area of Freedom, Security and Justice: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect...
- 25th Anniversary of Decriminalisation of Homosexuality: Motion (66 speeches)
I move:That Seanad Éireann: acknowledges that the laws repealed in the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 1993 that criminalised consensual sexual activity between men: -were improperly...
- Small and Medium Enterprises: Statements (23 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Pat Breen, to the Chamber.
- Data Sharing and Governance Bill 2018: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Data Sharing and Governance Bill 2018: Second Stage (20 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."