Thursday, 8 March 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Colm Burke that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Employment...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Civil Marriages (5 speeches)
The Minister of State, Deputy Pat Breen, is very welcome as ever.
- Primary Medical Certificates (5 speeches)
I thank my colleague, the Minister of State, Deputy Michael D'Arcy, for attending the Seanad to listen to my concerns about the primary medical certificate and how it is issued, as well as the...
- Message from Joint Committee (1 speech)
The Joint Committee on Health has completed its consideration of the following orders:(i) Health and Social Care Professionals Act 2005 (Section 4(7)) (Membership of Council) Regulations 2017,...
- Order of Business (73 speeches)
Before I call the Acting Leader on the Order of Business, as this is International Women's Day, it is important to acknowledge and reflect briefly on all the women who have not only made such a...
- Committee of Selection: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That the Sixth Report of the Committee of Selection be laid before the Seanad.
- Address by Mr. Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Seanad Éireann agrees with the recommendation of the Committee on Procedure and Privileges that, in accordance with Standing Order 57(2) of the Standing Orders relative to Public...
- Planning and Development Acts 2000 to 2017 (Increase in Number of Ordinary Members of An Bord Pleanála) Order 2018: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Seanad Éireann approves the following Order in draft:Planning and Development Acts 2000 to 2017 (Increase in Number of Ordinary Members of An Bord Pleanála) Order...
- Flooding: Statements (Resumed) (15 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Kevin Boxer Moran.
- Technological Universities Bill 2015: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (181 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Mary Mitchell O'Connor, and wish everybody a happy International Women's Day. I also wish Senator Grace O'Sullivan a happy birthday.