Wednesday, 7 March 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
I have received notice from Senator Victor Boyhan that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Housing,...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Garda Deployment (8 speeches)
There is rarely a day when policing scandals are not front page news. From made-up figures to the smear campaign against whistleblowers, it is frankly becoming an issue that even the Government...
- Mayoral Election (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Phelan.
- Gender Recognition (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming into the House to take this matter. I commend the work of the Transgender Equality Network of Ireland, TENI, and the #ThisIsMe campaign which has been...
- Hospitals Building Programme (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for taking the time to be here today. I very much appreciate it. My Commencement matter relates to the proposal in the national development plan, Project Ireland...
- Order of Business (112 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion regarding the notification of a vacancy in Seanad Éireann arising from the resignation of Senator Trevor Ó Clochartaigh, to be taken without...
- Vacancy in Seanad Membership: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That the Clerk of Seanad Éireann do send to the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government notice of a vacancy in the membership of Seanad Éireann occasioned by the...
- Business of Seanad (4 speeches)
Regarding the next item, what does the Leader wish to do?
- Seachtain na Gaeilge: Statements (26 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire. Táimid Ii lár Seachtain na Gaeilge agus anois tá ráiteas againn ón Aire. Lean ar aghaidh, a Aire.
- 100 Years of Women's Suffrage in Ireland: Statements (32 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, Deputy Josepha Madigan, and invite her to address the House.
- Foreign Affairs: Statements (Resumed) (50 speeches)
The next item is statements on foreign affairs, which are resumed. All remaining Senators have five minutes and the Minister is to be called no later than 4.52 p.m., but he has expressed a wish...
- International Protection (Family Unification) (Amendment) Bill 2017: Report and Final Stages (56 speeches)
Before we commence, I remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage, except the proposer of a recommendation who may reply to the discussion on the recommendation. On Report...
- Project Ireland 2040: Statements (63 speeches)
The Minister of State is welcome to the House.