Wednesday, 18 October 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator David Norris that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Education and Skills...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Education Centre Network (13 speeches)
Senators Buttimer and Norris have agreed to share time on this.
- Emergency Planning (4 speeches)
First, I extend my condolences to the families of Clare O'Neill, Michael Pyke and Fintan Goss who lost their lives in Storm Ophelia. The loss of their lives is a fitting reminder of the dangers...
- Driving Test Waiting Lists (31 speeches)
It is my privilege to welcome the Minister of State to the House. It is the first opportunity we have had since his elevation. He is very welcome.
- Order of Business (141 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, statements on child care to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and to conclude no later than 1.45 p.m. with the time allocated to group spokespersons not to exceed eight...
- Visit of Azerbaijani Delegation (1 speech)
I welcome the ambassador from the Republic of Azerbaijan and his delegation to the House in the company of Senator Leyden. They are very welcome.
- Child Care: Statements (21 speeches)
It is great to be here and I am grateful for the invitation to discuss matters relating to the early years sector with Members. I value opportunities such as this to inform, and engage with,...
- Coroners (Amendment) Bill 2016: Second Stage (24 speeches)
Before I call on Senator Mac Lochlainn to open the debate, I should say that I am conscious that this Bill has its genesis in tragic events, the cause of which has been the subject of discussion...
- Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
I call on Senator Mulherin to propose an amendment.
- Flood Prevention Measures: Statements (20 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Kevin Boxer Moran, to the House.
- Civil Law (Missing Persons) Bill 2016: Committee Stage (21 speeches)
I would like to acknowledge in the Public Gallery a former colleague, John Moloney, who was formerly a Deputy and a Minister of State, and his guests, the Cowen family. They are very welcome to...