Wednesday, 5 July 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:40:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Keith Swanick that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Health to outline the...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Hospital Waiting Lists (8 speeches)
I also welcome Councillor Coyle to the Chamber. I thank the Minister for coming to the House to discuss this very important issue. As he is aware, my patients are in fear because the treatment...
- Unemployment Data (9 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State. The Minister has seen my Commencement Matter. A very disappointing article was published during the week regarding the South East Economic Monitor, which showed...
- Criminal Legal Aid (10 speeches)
I will be very quick. This Commencement matter is on the need for the Minister for Justice and Equality to outline criteria for free legal aid eligibility and the need for reform. I welcome the...
- Early Childhood Care and Education Staff (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, although I am disappointed that the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs could not be here this morning. This week is very significant for child care workers...
- Order of Business (54 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, statements on household waste charges, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and to conclude no later than 2.15 p.m., with the contributions of group spokespersons not to...
- Life Saving Equipment Bill 2017: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for a specific offence of interfering with Life Saving Equipment and to provide for related matters.
- Household Waste Charges: Statements (35 speeches)
I have the pleasure of calling on the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment, Deputy Denis Naughten, to commence the debate.
- Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland (Amendment) Bill 2014: Committee Stage (81 speeches)
The Minister of State is welcome. He is not listening to me at all. We will not talk about quotas or anything like that.
- Declaration of Independence Day Bill 2017: Second Stage (12 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs, Deputy Heather Humphreys, and congratulate her on her reappointment. I think this is her first time in the...
- Visit of Finnish Delegation (1 speech)
I welcome a very distinguished guest, Mr. Timo Soini, the Minister for Foreign Affairs in Finland and Deputy Prime Minister of Finland, and his delegation. We hope they enjoy their time in Ireland.
- Declaration of Independence Day Bill 2017: Second Stage (Resumed) (8 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."