Thursday, 30 March 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Paul Gavan that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Health to...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Health Services (13 speeches)
The Minister of State can take her seat. Usually Members have four minutes and the Minister has four minutes to reply. It is at my discretion to allow a supplementary question. I normally do...
- Wind Energy Guidelines (4 speeches)
Do I take it that the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and the Environment, Deputy Naughten, will not appear before this House to answer a specific notice of motion I placed for the...
- Prison Accommodation (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Patrick O'Donovan.
- Skills Shortages (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy John Halligan. I know he is aware of the skills shortage in the hospitality industry, especially chefs and front-of-house staff. The expert group claimed...
- Order of Business (162 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion regarding the Companies Act 2014 (Section 1313) Regulations 2017, back from committee, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business without...
- Adult Safeguarding Bill 2017: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act for the purposes of making further and better provision for the care and protection of adults who are at risk; to establish the...
- Gender Recognition (Amendment) Bill 2017: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Gender Recognition Act 2015 to provide a right to self-determination for persons who have reached the age of 16...
- Companies Act 2014: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Seanad Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft:Companies Act 2014 (Section 1313) Regulations 2017,a copy of which was laid before Seanad Éireann on 9 February, 2017.
- Health (Amendment) Bill 2017: Committee and Remaining Stages (9 speeches)
- Health (Amendment) Bill 2017: Motion for Earlier Signature (1 speech)
I move:That pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Health...
- Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
In light of the voting block in the Dáil continuing, I propose that we suspend until that concludes. I apologise to Members of the House and to members of staff for the inconvenience. We...
- Northern Ireland: Statements (17 speeches)
I welcome the Minister.