Wednesday, 17 June 2015
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator David Cullinane that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Jobs,...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Employment Rights (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. I am sure he will join me in condemning how the Clerys workers were treated and the despicable way in which they were left high and dry without...
- Planning Issues (4 speeches)
I am pleased the Minister of State at the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport, Deputy Ann Phelan, is present given that she also has responsibility for rural affairs. The regeneration of...
- Order of Business (119 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, National Minimum Wage (Low Pay Commission) Bill 2015 – Report and Final Stages, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and to adjourn no later than 3 p.m., if not...
- Mental Health Services: Motion (2 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann opposes the closure of the Rosalie Unit in Castlerea, County Roscommon, which cares for psychiatric patients including those with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Dublin and Monaghan Bombings: Motion (4 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann, recalling the motions by Dáil Éireann adopted unanimously on 10 July 2008 and 18 May 2011 which:- noted ‘the interim and final reports of the...
- National Minimum Wage (Low Pay Commission) Bill 2015: Report and Final Stages (72 speeches)
I remind the House a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage, except the proposer of an amendment who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. On Report Stage, each amendment must be...
- Tackling Obesity in Ireland: Statements (22 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Varadkar, to the House.
- Junior Cycle Reform: Motion (29 speeches)
I welcome Minister of State, Deputy Joe McHugh, to the House.
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business that only Committee Stage of the Garda Síochána (Policing Authority and Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2015 be taken at 7.30 p.m. We had...
- Garda Síochána (Policing Authority and Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2015: Committee Stage (40 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Fitzgerald, to the House.