Tuesday, 5 November 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 13:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Denis O'Donovan that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Finance to...
- Order of Business (137 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re the appointment as Ombudsman of Mr. Peter Tyndall, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business without debate; No. 2, motion regarding the...
- Appointment of Ombudsman: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann recommends Mr. Peter Tyndall for appointment by the President to be the Ombudsman."
- Appointment of Information Commissioner: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann recommends Mr. Peter Tyndall for appointment by the President to be the Information Commissioner."
- EU Proposal on Electronic Communications: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann: (1) notes the agreed Report of the Joint Committee on Transport and Communications under Standing Order 101 on the Proposal for a Regulation of the European...
- EU Proposal on Regulatory Procedure and Scrutiny: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in...
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2013: Second Stage (23 speeches)
Question proposed: That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Fourteenth Report of the Committee of Selection: Motion (1 speech)
The Committee of Selection reports that it has discharged Senator Marie Moloney from membership of the Joint Committee on European Union Affairs at her own request and has appointed Senator...
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2013: Second Stage (Resumed) (129 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Flood Relief Schemes Funding (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House.
- Credit Unions (3 speeches)
Ba bhreá liom fáilte a chur roimh an Aire Stáit. As the Minister of State is well aware, the credit union movement across the country is facing many issues and challenges. I am...
- Commercial Rates Issues (1 speech)
Often, politicians and journalists do not agree. That can often happen for valid reasons on both sides. Journalists can be overly critical of politicians at times, sometimes unfairly so....