Thursday, 8 November 2012
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Thomas Byrne that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Justice and...
- Order of Business (50 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, address by Professor Christopher A. Pissarides, School Professor of Economics and Political Science at the London School of Economics and Nobel Laureate, to...
- Youth Unemployment and Public Policy: Address by Professor Christopher Pissarides (2 speeches)
On my own behalf and that of my fellow Senators, I welcome Professor Christopher Pissarides, economist and Nobel laureate, to the House. This newly elected Seanad is determined to modernise its...
- Request to move Adjournment of Seanad under Standing Order 30 (3 speeches)
I have received notice from Senator Norris of a motion he wishes to raise under Standing Order 30. I call the Senator to give notice of the motion before I give my ruling.
- Youth Unemployment and Public Policy: Address by Professor Christopher Pissarides (Resumed) (27 speeches)
I welcome Professor Pissarides and thank him for his encouraging words of direction to the Government. He is shining a spotlight on the important topic of youth unemployment. This esteemed...
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business to afford Senator David Norris the opportunity to have his motion debated in the House between 5.30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Public Expenditure and Reform: Statements (136 speeches)
I am very glad to be back visiting this important Chamber. In the current fiscal and economic context, the Government's task is not an easy one. We must reduce public expenditure while...
- Matter raised under Standing Order 30 (50 speeches)
A matter was raised by Senator Norris under Standing Order 30. The Leas-Chathaoirleach has allowed the matter. The debate will not exceed 90 minutes. Was there an agreement on speaking times?