Wednesday, 18 July 2012
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator David Cullinane that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education...
- Order of Business (68 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, statements on developments in the European Union and Ireland's Presidency of the European Council from January to June 2013, to be taken at 12 p.m. and to conclude...
- Developments in the European Union and Ireland's Presidency of the European Council: Statements with An Taoiseach (40 speeches)
I welcome the Taoiseach from Derrycoosh, Islandeady, and Hawthorn Avenue, Castlebar, to the Chamber. I congratulate him and wish him well as Taoiseach.
- Animal Health and Welfare Bill 2012: Report and Final Stages (83 speeches)
A Senator may speak only once on Report Stage, except the proposer of an amendment who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. Each amendment must be seconded. Amendments Nos. 1 and 4 are...
- European Arrest Warrant (Application to Third Countries and Amendment) and Extradition (Amendment) Bill 2011: Committee and Remaining Stages (7 speeches)
Sections 1 to 22, inclusive, agreed to.
- Presidential Nominations: Motion (111 speeches)
I move: ''That Seanad Éireann: in the light of All Party agreement, repeated promises by Government to provide openness, transparency, accountability and democracy as well as the unanimous...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- School Transport (4 speeches)
Tá fáilte roimh an tAire. I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Education and Skills, Deputy Ciarán Cannon, to the House.
- Youth Services (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House to address my query about the Cork Life Centre. I had raised the matter previously with the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs and the...
- School Transport (8 speeches)
I propose to share my time with Senator Pat O'Neill on this matter.
- Industrial Development (6 speeches)
Gabhaim buíochas as an deis an t-ábhar seo a ardú sa Seanad inniu. My concern is about the recent move of a factory in Gibbstown, County Meath, a Gaeltacht area, into better premises in...