Tuesday, 28 June 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Pat O'Neill that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Order of Business (174 speeches)
The Order of Business is as follows: No. 1, motion regarding victims directive opt-in, referral to committee without debate; No. 2, motion regarding the Planning and Development (Amendment) (No....
- Victims Directive: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of...
- Planning and Development (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2011: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft: The Planning and Development (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2011, copies of which have been laid in...
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2011: Order for Committee Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Committee Stage be taken now." Question put and agreed to.
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2011: Committee and Remaining Stages (54 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Social Protection, Deputy Joan Burton.
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2011: Motion for Earlier Signature (1 speech)
I move: That, pursuant to subsection 2o of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Social Welfare and...
- School Transport: Statements (23 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Cannon, to the House.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Third Level Grants (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Ciarán Cannon, for taking this matter. The issue I wish to raise is not a transport matter but one that has created problems for people living in my area...
- Rail Network (3 speeches)
I praised Ministers for attending the Seanad to debate various Adjournment matters and I hope they will continue to do so, but they may be busy tonight. While I am delighted that the Minister of...