Wednesday, 15 June 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Tom Sheahan that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for the Environment,...
- Death of Former Minister: Expressions of Sympathy (9 speeches)
I indicated yesterday that we would pay a brief tribute to the late Brian Lenihan today. I suggest that each party or group leader be given a maximum of five minutes in which to speak. I was...
- Order of Business (75 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Criminal Justice (Female Genital Mutilation) Bill 2011 - Committee and Remaining Stages, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business and conclude not...
- Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
The next item is Committee and Remaining Stages of the Criminal Justice (Female Genital Mutilation) Bill 2011.
- Criminal Justice (Female Genital Mutilation) Bill 2011: Committee and Remaining Stages (14 speeches)
Sections 1 to 3, inclusive, agreed to.
- Finance (No. 2) Bill 2011 (Certified Money Bill): Second Stage (58 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Seanad Reform: Motion (70 speeches, 1 comment)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. The motion is in the name of the Independent Group and will be moved by Senator Zappone.
- Criminal Justice (Amendment) Act 2009: Motion (13 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann resolves that section 8 of the Criminal Justice (Amendment) Act 2009 (No. 32 of 2009) shall continue in operation for the period beginning on 1st July, 2011 and...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Proposed Legislation (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government, Deputy Phil Hogan. I congratulate him on his appointment and wish him well in his portfolio. This is not his first...
- General Practitioner Services (6 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for giving me the opportunity to raise this very important matter on behalf of the people of Ballinagh. I join in the words of welcome to the Minister, Deputy Phil...
- Garda Recruitment (2 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach and I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Ciarán Cannon. I appreciate that Ministers are extremely busy but I made the point in the House that where possible it is...
- Third Level Charges (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. While my question is simple there is a certain complexity behind it. The first indication that the student charge was going to be increased came...