Thursday, 2 June 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Thomas Byrne that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Finance to...
- Order of Business (99 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re establishment of the Committee of Selection, to be taken without debate at the conclusion of the Order of Business, and No. 2, Criminal Justice (Female...
- Committee of Selection: Motion (3 speeches)
I move: That, in pursuance of Standing Order 89 of the Standing Orders relative to Public Business, the Committee of Selection be appointed and do consist of the following members: An...
- Criminal Justice (Female Genital Mutilation) Bill 2011: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to provide for the creation of an offence of female genital mutilation, and other offences relating to female genital mutilation, for the better protection of girls and...
- Criminal Justice (Female Genital Mutilation) Bill 2011: Second Stage (2 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- First Report of the Committee of Selection: Motion (1 speech)
An Leas-Chathaoirleach: The Committee of Selection reports that it has nominated the following Members to serve on the Committee on Procedure and Privileges: Senators Ivana Bacik, Paul...
- Criminal Justice (Female Genital Mutilation) Bill 2011: Second Stage (Resumed) (14 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- EU-IMF Programme (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister for Finance, Deputy Michael Noonan, for attending the Chamber to address this Adjournment matter at such short notice. He has an important job to do, one in which, by and...
- Community Employment Schemes (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Social Protection, Deputy Burton, to the House and congratulate and wish her well in her new portfolio.