Wednesday, 28 April 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from the Senator Ivana Bacik that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education...
- Order of Business. (50 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Inland Fisheries Bill 2009 - Committee Stage, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business and adjourn at 2 p.m., if not previously concluded; No. 2,...
- Inland Fisheries Bill 2009: Committee Stage. (49 speeches)
Sections 1 to 6, inclusive agreed to.
- Fines Bill 2009: Committee Stage. (92 speeches)
- Business of Seanad. (4 speeches)
As Acting Leader, I propose, with the permission of colleagues, that we extend our debate for 15 minutes in order to conclude Committee Stage. I know we will not be able to deal with Report and...
- Fines Bill 2009: Committee Stage (Resumed). (8 speeches)
- Smarter Travel Initiative: Motion (85 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Cuffe. I believe this is his first occasion in this House since his appointment. I congratulate and wish him the best of luck in his term as Minister of...
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Third Level Contract Staff. (4 speeches)
This matter relates to the position of contract researchers in third level institutions. The Minister of State is aware that pay cuts and pension levies have been applied to such staff in third...
- Car Scrappage Scheme (3 speeches)
Gabhaim buíochas as an seans an ráiteas seo a phlé. Is é mo chéad rún ar an Adjournment. When the car scrappage scheme was introduced in the budget last December it had the effect of...
- Special Areas of Conservation. (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State and thank him for coming to respond to the matter I have tabled on the protection of Liffey Valley parklands and the area around the Liffey. I am pleased to have...