Wednesday, 27 January 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Fidelma Healy Eames that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Arts,...
- Order of Business (77 speeches, 1 comment)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Communications Regulation (Premium Rate Services and Electronic Communications Infrastructure) Bill 2009 - Committee Stage, to be taken at the conclusion of the...
- Communications Regulation (Premium Rate Services and Electronic Communications Infrastructure) Bill 2009: Committee Stage. ` (45 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Death of Former Member: Expressions of Sympathy (9 speeches)
It was with great sadness that we learned of the death last August of the former Senator and Deputy William Kenneally, better known as Billy. Billy had a long and eventful life, packed full of...
- Eighth Report of the Committee of Selection: Motion (1 speech)
I wish to be associated with the vote of sympathy to the late Mr. Kenneally, a former Senator and Deputy, and extend my sympathy to Deputy Brendan Kenneally, a former Member of this House, and to...
- Communications Regulation (Premium Rate Services and Electronic Communications Infrastructure) Bill 2009: Report and Final Stages (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources, Deputy Ryan, to the House. I remind Senators that they may speak only once on Report Stage, except the proposer of an...
- Haiti Disaster: Motion (4 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann fully supports the Government in its efforts to assist the people of Haiti in the aftermath of recent earthquakes. I have come from a meeting of the Joint Committee...
- Visit of Cuban Ambassador (1 speech)
Before we continue I welcome the Cuban ambassador to Ireland to the Distinguished Visitors Gallery.
- Haiti Disaster: Motion (Resumed) (25 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Senator Ann Ormonde on Wednesday, 27 January 2010:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Site Acquisitions (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Haughey, to the House. I thank him for the opportunity to raise the need for the Minister for Education and Science to outline what progress has been made...
- Tourism Promotion (19 speeches)
I wish the Minister of State well for the new year, as I have not met him since we came back. I presume he is taking this Adjournment matter on behalf of the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism.