Wednesday, 20 January 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Election of Member (1 speech)
I have to announce that the following Member has been elected to fill the casual vacancy in the membership of the Seanad to which the resolution of Seanad Éireann of 12 November 2009 has...
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Phil Prendergast that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health...
- Order of Business (145 speeches)
As Leader of the House and on behalf of the Fianna Fáil group, I welcome and congratulate Senator Paschal Mooney who, as we all know, was born, bred and reared in his native Drumshanbo, County...
- Allocation of Time: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That in each sitting until the adjournment of the Seanad for the Easter recess the Leader of the House be called to reply to the Order of Business no later than 55 minutes after the...
- Horse and Greyhound Racing Fund Regulations 2010: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Horse and Greyhound Racing Fund Regulations 2010, a copy of which Order in draft was laid before Seanad...
- Communications Regulation (Premium Rate Services and Electronic Communications Infrastructure) Bill 2009: Second Stage (9 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Seanad Reform: Motion (118 speeches)
I move: That, in the light of public criticism and of the numerous reports on the subject, Seanad Éireann requests the Government to embark urgently on the process of comprehensive Seanad...
- Communications Regulation (Premium Rate Services and Electronic Communications Infrastructure) Bill 2009: Second Stage (Resumed) (12 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services (26 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Moloney, for attending the House to take this matter. I sought this debate to register the anger of Tipperary people at a plan that was announced last week...
- National Archives (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Mansergh.
- Flood Relief (2 speeches)
I will not take up too much time. The motion submitted on Tuesday of last week has been overtaken by the visit of the Minister of State, Deputy Mansergh, to Cork, west Cork in particular. I...