Wednesday, 8 July 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Joe O'Reilly that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Order of Business (47 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion regarding the Stardust tragedy, No. 2, Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2009 - Committee and Remaining Stages; No. 3, Enforcement of Court...
- Stardust Tragedy: Motion (14 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann: - notes the report of the independent examination by Mr. Paul Coffey SC of the concerns of the Stardust Victims Committee in relation to the investigation of the...
- Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2009: Committee and Remaining Stages (67 speeches)
Sections 1 to 32, inclusive, agreed to.
- Enforcement of Court Orders (Amendment) Bill 2009: Report and Final Stages (36 speeches)
Before we commence I remind Members that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage, except for the proposer of an amendment who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. In addition,...
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business. I propose to extend the debate on Committee and Remaining Stages of the Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2009 until 5.30 p.m. Private...
- Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2009: Committee and Remaining Stages (35 speeches)
- Telecommunications Services: Motion (37 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann: - recognising the importance of rural Ireland to the social fabric of the nation; - recognising the level of isolation felt by many residents in rural Ireland; -...
- Oireachtas (Allowances to Members) and Ministerial and Parliamentary Offices Bill 2009: Committee and Remaining Stages (7 speeches)
Sections 1 to 6, inclusive, agreed to.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Special Educational Needs (3 speeches)
Ba mhaith liom fáilte a chur roimh an Aire Stáit go dtí an Teach. The matter I raise is home-based July tuition for a special category of children. Children who qualify for this tuition...
- Micro-Credit Banks (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State and I appreciate that he is taking this matter. This issue is important from the point of view of the current economic climate. The concept of microcredit and...