Tuesday, 14 July 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 12 meán lae
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Jerry Buttimer that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health and...
- Order of Business (144 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, earlier signature motion on the Enforcement of Court Orders (Amendment) Bill 2009; No. 2, Criminal Justice (Amendment) Bill – all Stages; No. 3, statements on...
- Enforcement of Court Orders (Amendment) Bill 2009: Motion for Earlier Signature (1 speech)
I move: That, pursuant to subsection 2o of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Enforcement of Court...
- Criminal Justice (Amendment) Bill 2009: Second Stage (105 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Northern Ireland: Statements (24 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to address the House on Northern Ireland matters. It is my first occasion to do so as Taoiseach. It is fitting that we gather to reflect on one of the great...
- Harbours (Amendment) Bill 2008 [Seanad Bill amended by the Dáil]: Report and Final Stages (9 speeches)
This is a Seanad Bill which has been amended by the Dáil. In accordance with Standing Order 103, it is deemed to have passed its First, Second and Third Stages in the Seanad and is placed on...
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose to suspend the sitting for ten minutes to allow Senators to return to the Chamber.
- Criminal Justice (Amendment) Bill 2009: Committee and Remaining Stages (320 speeches)
Sections 1 to 6, inclusive, agreed to.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Health Services (3 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Chathaoirleach for allowing me to re-table this matter and the Minister for attending. The issues of drugs and drug treatment have presented challenges for many communities. I...
- Private Rented Accommodation (2 speeches)
This matter relates to the Government's plan to address the quality of rental property. In my constituency of Dublin Central and elsewhere, the issue of substandard rental accommodation is...
- Rural Environment Protection Scheme (7 speeches)
I wish to share time with Senators Ó Domhnaill and Bradford. The Minister has been in the House all day and I do not want to have a go at him in particular but I must say that, in respect of an...