Wednesday, 1 July 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Frances Fitzgerald that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for...
- Order of Business (104 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Local Government (Charges) Bill 2009 - all Stages, with Second Stage to conclude not later than 1.45 p.m. with the contributions of spokespersons not to exceed ten...
- Visit of Australian Delegation (1 speech)
I apologise for interrupting the Leader but I am sure that Members of the House will wish to join me in welcoming Ms Anna Burke, MP, Deputy Speaker of the Australian House of Representatives. On...
- Order of Business (Resumed) (238 speeches)
The Leader to reply to the Order of Business with no interruptions.
- Unemployment: Motion (46 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Calleary, on his first appearance in the Seanad.
- Local Government (Charges) Bill 2009: Committee Stage (Resumed) (66 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That section 11 stand part of the Bill."
- Business of Seanad (6 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business. With the agreement of the House, the Aviation (Preclearance) Bill 2009 [Seanad Bill amended by the Dáil] - Report and Final Stages will be taken...
- Aviation (Preclearance) Bill 2009 [Seanad Bill amended by the Dáil]: Report and Final Stages (17 speeches)
On a point of order, I would like to query the change to the Order of Business, which was not discussed with the Opposition. We were not given any notice of this until the Leader of the House...
- Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2008 [Seanad Bill amended by the Dáil]: Report and Final Stages (35 speeches)
This is a Seanad Bill which has been amended by the Dáil. In accordance with Standing Order 103, it is deemed to have passed its First, Second and Third Stages in the Seanad and is placed on...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Music Therapy (8 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for allowing me to raise the important issue of music therapy in the House and I thank the Minister of State for staying on to answer the Adjournment debate. The...
- School Accommodation (3 speeches)
I am raising the issue of Gaelscoil na Camóige in Clondalkin village. I regret that I must table this Adjournment matter, but the position of the school is critical. It has immediate needs...