Thursday, 5 March 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Cecilia Keaveney that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Transport to...
- Order of Business (106 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re Diseases of Animals Act 1966, to be taken without debate at the conclusion of the Order of Business; No. 2, Investment of the National Pensions Reserve...
- Diseases of Animals Act: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann resolves that section 17A (inserted by section 2(1) of the Diseases of Animals (Amendment) Act 2001 (No. 3 of 2001)) of the Diseases of Animals Act 1966 (No. 6 of...
- Investment of the National Pensions Reserve Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2009: Second Stage (10 speeches, 1 comment)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business to allow the Minister of State to reply 15 minutes before the conclusion at 2 p.m.
- Investment of the National Pensions Reserve Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2009: Second Stage (Resumed) (14 speeches, 1 comment)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Investment of the National Pensions Reserve Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2009: Committee Stage (128 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Investment of the National Pensions Reserve Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2009: Motion for Earlier Signature (3 speeches)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Investment of the...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Cross-Border Projects (3 speeches)
I wish to raise an issue of great importance in my constituency. I must declare an interest because both my father, before me, and I, when I was on the council, worked extremely hard to develop...
- Industrial Disputes. (7 speeches)
I am asking that the Minister for Health and Children, Deputy Harney, intervene in the serious dispute at Portiuncula Hospital, Ballinasloe, County Galway, ongoing since September 2008. I raise...
- School Accommodation (2 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for providing me with the opportunity to raise on the Adjournment the accommodation needs of Bishop Ahern national school, Leamlara, County Cork. This school is...