Tuesday, 1 July 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Frances Fitzgerald that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Transport to...
- Order of Business (126 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, statements regarding the current situation in Zimbabwe; and No. 2, Electricity Regulation (Amendment) (EirGrid) Bill 2008 — Committee and Remaining Stages. It...
- Situation in Zimbabwe: Statements (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Foreign Affairs to the House and I wish him well in his new portfolio.
- Visit of Former Member (2 speeches)
Before I call Senator Ormonde, I welcome former Senator Katherine Bulbulia to the Distinguished Visitors Gallery.
- Situation in Zimbabwe: Statements (Resumed) (9 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Deputy Martin, on his first visit to the House since his new appointment. I wish him well in his new Ministry. Shock and disbelief followed my reading...
- Visit of Former Member (1 speech)
I welcome a former Member of the Dáil, Paul McGrath, to the Visitors Gallery.
- Situation in Zimbabwe: Statements (Resumed) (5 speeches)
I also welcome the Minister and congratulate him on his appointment. Like Senator Alex White I congratulate him on the strong terms in which he referred to this situation. It is necessary. He...
- Electricity Regulation (Amendment) (EirGrid) Bill 2008: Committee and Remaining Stages. (11 speeches)
Sections 1 to 5, inclusive agreed to.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Public Transport (4 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirlaech for the opportunity to raise this issue, which is of particular concern in my own constituency, given the impact on commuters following the announcement by the Circle...
- Rail Network (21 speeches)
I apologise for being late. I wish to discuss the western rail corridor. There have been a number of attacks on this project recently, to the effect that it will be included in the cutbacks....
- Toxic Waste Disposal (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government to the House.